Facelift A day to forget

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Last Wednesday I had a day to forget. The underground garage in the building I live in was broken into and 6 cars had their passenger windows smashed and their interiors rifled for goodies. Mine had a USB charge/sync cable and a pair of leather gloves stolen and it was the same for the other cars ( 3 Mercs, lexus and a Toyota) nothing of any value. Well, off I set to get the window replaced and broken glass vacuumed after phoning my dealer and Insurance company They have the part and recommend an auto glass replacement business.
Upon arrival he states you also have paint and molding damage and states take it to a body shop. Phone the dealer for a recommendation and he suggests N0. 1 Collision, off I set again now really pi**ed off and what does Dougie do, he hits a low cub with his rear wheel which he did not see on leaving the glass shop and makes a good mess of that alloy!
Sooo, arrive at the body shop and this is like no body shop I have seen. It is huge and deals only with Mercs, BMW, Audi etc. Have a gander at their website
http://no1collision.com/en/index.php
I will be out of pocket for the insurance deductible and the alloy repair about 400 quid. But the car will be ready tomorrow and then I hope I will be a happy camper. That alloy damage really did make that a day to forget as that was my stupidity.
Not looking for sympathy, just a reminder to all that you lose concentration whilst driving, if you are angry or upset.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and richinsoton
Last Wednesday I had a day to forget. The underground garage in the building I live in was broken into and 6 cars had their passenger windows smashed and their interiors rifled for goodies. Mine was missing a USB charge/sync cable and a pair of leather gloves stolen and it was the same for the other cars ( 3 Mercs, lexus and a Toyota) nothing of any value. Well, off I set to get the window replaced and broken glass vacuumed after phoning my dealer and Insurance company They have the part and recommend an auto glass replacement business.
Upon arrival he states you also have paint and molding damage and states take it to a body shop. Phone the dealer for a recommendation and he suggests N0. 1 Collision, off I set again now really pi**ed off and what does Dougie do, he hits a low cub with his rear wheel which he did not see on leaving the glass shop and makes a good mess of that alloy!
Sooo, arrive at the body shop and this is like no body shop I have seen. It is huge and deals only with Mercs, BMW, Audi etc. Have a gander at their website
http://no1collision.com/en/index.php
I will be out of pocket for the insurance deductible and the alloy repair about 400 quid. But the car will be ready tomorrow and then I hope I will be a happy camper. That alloy damage really did make that a day to forget as that was my stupidity.
Not looking for sympathy, just a reminder to all that you lose concentration whilst driving, if you are angry or upset.

Truely a bad day at the office,and I bet local plod won’t give a t*ss about the motors. These Sc**ba*s should be hung for these crimes.
Hopefully the repairs go well and back on the road soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flying Scotsman
Sounds like an awful day, glad it’s all being sorted.

It’s stilk a rubbish situation, but I am grateful for you that the car remains with how many are being taken. But obviously these are opportunists out for a quick buck.

That was a bad day, with bad luck.

The least we can do as a community is send you £10.00 each for your troubles (not that we are a charity) and have your car fixed.

But this thread may become locked though. ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Rideen, Sandra and 1 other person
I will pass on your contributions to Igor in the Ukraine as he really is in more need than myself... I am retired, as apposed to a lad in distress. As in his own words he is "23years old. ANd i recieve only 20$ award per month(" and his S3 requires an intercooler and intake modifications, plus a few body parts.

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Good old Igor:yes:

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
I will pass on your contributions to Igor in the Ukraine as he really is in more need than myself... I am retired, as apposed to a lad in distress. As in his own words he is "23years old. ANd i recieve only 20$ award per month(" and his S3 requires an intercooler and intake modifications, plus a few body parts.
Sorry to hear about your car, I'm sure it will be perfect when you get it back.

Reactions: TDI-line, Audi Bairn, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
**** and **** again mate, my Focus passenger was smashed along with the high gloss part of the door and winding for electric window.... Glass everywhere for weeks kept on finding bits and l had to pay it and l saw done which was even.... Anyway chin up, hopefully the car will be back to its normal beautiful self

**** and **** again mate, my Focus passenger was smashed along with the high gloss part of the door and winding for electric window.... Glass everywhere for weeks kept on finding bits and l had to pay it and l saw done which was even.... Anyway chin up, hopefully the car will be back to its normal beautiful self
James please use the Queens English lol muppet l am

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
Does the building owners not have insurance for cars parked and can you claim off them ?Also is there cctv ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Brilliant! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hopefully you get all sorted and can forget all about it mate.

Well picked the car up today and the total bill was 2,375.00 quid!!!
That body shop is the best I have ever seen...awesome paint blend job, remember this is Ara Blue, no orange peel, no swirl, no holograms. Flawless finish and the car was detailed inside and outside They even cleaned all the alloys and calipers to like new condition. All trim parts removed door handles, body moldings etc. and no overspray.
I am a happy camper

Reactions: Fatbloke, azibux1, Jassyo06 and 6 others
Well picked the car up today and the total bill was 2,375.00 quid!!!
That body shop is the best I have ever seen...awesome paint blend job, remember this is Ara Blue, no orange peel, no swirl, no holograms. Flawless finish and the car was detailed inside and outside They even cleaned all the alloys and calipers to like new condition. All trim parts removed door handles, body moldings etc. and no overspray.
I am a happy camper

Was the cost you quoted in GBP.......

@jassyo06 The cost was $3911.00 Canadian .......2375 GBP. That sum also included the alloy repair of $310. The detailed invoice which was 2 pages long listed items that I had not seen as damaged upon a very quick inspection such as glossy window trim part and seat trim housing. The front bumper was removed and the paint blend job extended from the front fender to about half way down the rear passenger door with all that doors trim removed. A very professional expensive repair. The alloy is as good as new and a perfect paint match and diamond cut. My cash out of pocket was $300.00 Cdn for the repair and a further $310.00 for the alloy.....370 GGP

Reactions: TDI-line and Jassyo06
@jassyo06 The cost was $3911.00 Canadian .......2375 GBP. That sum also included the alloy repair of $310. The detailed invoice which was 2 pages long listed items that I had not seen as damaged upon a very quick inspection such as glossy window trim part and seat trim housing. The front bumper was removed and the paint blend job extended from the front fender to about half way down the rear passenger door with all that doors trim removed. A very professional expensive repair. The alloy is as good as new and a perfect paint match and diamond cut. My cash out of pocket was $300.00 Cdn for the repair and a further $310.00 for the alloy.....370 GGP

Main thing it being a proper job mate......but bend me over and rodger me......the labour costs are getting out of hand as they would amount to most of the cost of the job???

Audi Glass is expensive but you are right the labour time and costs were high, they even removed the right headlight (remember this is a LH drive car), reinstalled it after painting and did a headlight alignment!!! All approved by the insurer.

Audi Glass is expensive but you are right the labour time and costs were high, they even removed the right headlight (remember this is a LH drive car), reinstalled it after painting and did a headlight alignment!!! All approved by the insurer.

My personal opinion is body shops take the **** out of us ie....the labour costs,Audis glass aint anymore expensive than other make of car,hence insurance repairs are sky high

This body shop is Audi,BMW,Porsche, Rolls Royce, Mercedes, etc. factory approved and are pricey to say the least. Another customer I was chatting with had to have a bumper replaced and rear fender body panel repaired, plus one taillight assembly on his Audi Q5 ..... cost $10,500.00 - 6,300.00 GBP.
Totally outrageous, the Audi parts pricing he showed on the estimate were obscene.
Your comments are bang on