A Few Milltek Questions (S3)

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
Hi all

I am thinking of getting a Milltek exhaust system fitted but I am not sure what setup to have, my car is a 59 plate S3 running a stage 1 Revo remap. Do I:

1. Just have a cat back system fitted purely for the noise (how much can I expect to pay fitted?) or

2. Have a full system fitted for the performance and noise (again how much fitted?)

If I went for the full system would I need to get the Revo map adjusted or can the exhaust just be fitted as is, also what gains could I (realistically) expect to see with a full system?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
I have just noticed on the Milltek website that both the turbo back or full system (with downpipe) requires a stage 2 setup so that answers part of my question so I guess the next question is, are the real world gains worth the expense of the exhaust plus the map upgrade?

I have just noticed on the Milltek website that both the turbo back or full system (with downpipe) requires a stage 2 setup so that answers part of my question so I guess the next question is, are the real world gains worth the expense of the exhaust plus the map upgrade?

With the exhaust and map,you should be looking at about 320-330bhp.

The HPFP smooths out the torque and power dip you get without that,and lifts power to about 360-370bhp,and torque to about 360lbs.

I would rather buy brand new and have it fitted by the supplier tbh so that I have piece of mind with the warranty etc, does anyone know what I can expect to pay for supply and fitting?
Thanks for the replies so far

I would rather buy brand new and have it fitted by the supplier tbh so that I have piece of mind with the warranty etc, does anyone know what I can expect to pay for supply and fitting?
Thanks for the replies so far

About £1200 for the whole exhaust...fitted.

haha na they are way more then that mate, parts are about 1200, tho that may have changed as milltek i read have just upped their prices by around 10%, but places like AMD offer with 10% off RRP or free fitting, and it should only take 3 hours tops to fit including the uprated bottom engine mount they supply

haha na they are way more then that mate, parts are about 1200, tho that may have changed as milltek i read have just upped their prices by around 10%, but places like AMD offer with 10% off RRP or free fitting, and it should only take 3 hours tops to fit including the uprated bottom engine mount they supply

Might have to go re-jig those figures in the Classified bit then :think::blush:

ah thats why its a bit cheaper, the decat is missing the expensive part... the cat lol

Why not just use the DP/Cat mated to the OEM rear section??

Works very well and saves the expense of the Cat Back part.

HI,

I have full milltek TBE runing Revo stage 1 map and have no problems. Didn't need to go to stage 2 and didn;t want to for teh time being as I'd like to protect my clutch a little longer until I'm ready to go down the full stage 2+ route.

Recon she must be pushing out about 310-330bhp and the non res one sounds B E A Utifil!!

Cheers.

Yes, as Elton says, you don't need to be running a stage 2 level of tune to have a TBE fitted, lots of guys have TBE but run it on stage 1 tune as the zorst obviously helps the car 'breathe' better and thus improves performance, even at stage 1. On the other hand, it wouldn't be advisable to run a stage 2 remap without a downpipe or full TBE. :)

Paulie

the only problem running a TBE on stage 1 is youll get the emissions light on with the standard 100 cell cat they come fitted with, so you really need the stage 2 map for the lamda defeat
also i wouldnt run stage 2 without at least a DP as the extra boost pressure and heat would fry the stock system and chances are the car would keep kicking in to limp mode to help protect the engine

My plan is get the exhaust on, go away for 3 weeks, then come back and get a remap. If there's going to be an issue, then I can leave the exhaust off until I get the map done though.

I should probably check my insurance is OK with all this actually :undwech::readit:

the car will run fine, youll just have the emissions light on, but the car will run fine so there wont be any problems

If running a 100 cell sports cat, you could always buy an O2 spacer, so you don't get the CEL on the dash. My Blueflame 200 cell sports cat has a 25mm O2 spacer fabricated into it (just after the cat) so it will run with or without a remap and no CEL. :)

Paulie

I was running a full Milltek turbo back system, on my S3 (MY10) for 3 weeks, with no remap at all. The emissions light didn't come on once.

Maybe it's a stage-1 issue, the extra power/airflow etc overloads the sensor's normal limits?

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I think I will do some shopping around because I don' t want to go to stage 2 software so depending on what the difference is in cost between a cat back or a full system will make my mind up (I'm not going to spend an extra £500 or so just for an extra 10 to 20 BHP).

Cheers

its a bit more then just 500 mate lol, by the time you add in the cost of a dp, fitting and mapping will be a lot more, but you get a lot more then just 10-20, to give you an idea, my stage one with no exhaust but with a CAI the car produced 319bhp and 319lbft, now on my stage 2, the only change to the system was a full tbe and new mapping, the car is now producing 360bhp and 385lbft.... thats an increase in 41bhp and 66lbft... well worth the extra money!

I don't know if this helps.. But I have a milltek sports cat I removed from my 8L s3 st in my garage, done bout 1000 miles b4 I took it off in favour of a dp etc... Sensible offer and I'll let it go...

its a bit more then just 500 mate lol, by the time you add in the cost of a dp, fitting and mapping will be a lot more, but you get a lot more then just 10-20, to give you an idea, my stage one with no exhaust but with a CAI the car produced 319bhp and 319lbft, now on my stage 2, the only change to the system was a full tbe and new mapping, the car is now producing 360bhp and 385lbft.... thats an increase in 41bhp and 66lbft... well worth the extra money!

Sorry, I meant an extra £500 without the map. I have just looked on the AMD Silverstone website and the difference between a full system and a cat back is just over £700 (fitted with VAT) so my thinking is £700 for an extra 10 to 20 BHP (can't see just the exhaust upgrade giving any more than that) is not worth it (in my opinion).
I don't want to go to stage 2 (or more) as I don't wish to push the rest of the cars limits (DSG, fuelling etc), also I have never been into modding my cars too much (usually just a stage 1 remap) as I prefer piece of mind with the warranty etc (I always remove or disguise the map when the car goes into the dealers).

I am pretty much decided that it will be a non resonated cat back only, a reasonable cost for nice looks and a very nice noise.
Thanks everyone

Last edited:
the only problem running a TBE on stage 1 is youll get the emissions light on with the standard 100 cell cat they come fitted with, so you really need the stage 2 map for the lamda defeat

Been running mine with TBE on stage 1 for about 6 months with no emissions light or any prob for that matter....only light is the one on my face from an audi very conservative standard to much more realistic stage 1 with non res growl.....WOW!!