A few questions... my A4 Black Edition was stolen last night

Guys after reading about this (so sorry about your situation OP) I decided to contact these guys about their "Autowatch Ghost" product:
http://www.autowatch.co.uk/products/autowatch-immobiliser-systems

Their system sounds really good (see their very prompt, and comprehensive response to my question as to how exactly it would work with my advanced key below) and is £399 inc VAT fully fitted.

I'm in no way affiliated with them, I'm just very impressed with the sound of their system and the speed of their response.

Hi Luke,

You will unlock and get into your car as normal. You will have a minimum 4 push sequence (Maximum 20 push sequence) you choose on the steering wheel controls that will be learnt by the Ghost and unless it sees that sequence first the vehicle will not start.

On your model vehicle you will be able to choose 2 options of immobilization. Either 1) Engine Start Inhibit or 2) Engine stall. Engine start inhibit means that without first seeing the push sequence the vehicle will not crank or start. It is totally dead. With the Engine Stall option, the vehicle will always start even if you don't do the push sequence BUT as soon as you put it into gear if it has not seen the push sequence, it stalls the engine. If you choose engine stall then you are also able to choose the Anti Hijack feature. The way this works is you enter your sequence to start as normal. If while the engine is running you open the door and then take your foot off the brake for longer than 3 seconds, these 2 consecutive actions are regarded as a hijack trigger. The Ghost then waits to see the door close again, checks to see that you have put it into gear and once you have driven further than 500 meters, it starts flashing the indicators and honking the horn to warn anyone near the vehicle that there is something wrong. The Ghost then checks the speed of the vehicle and if it is travelling less than 10mph it cuts the engine. If the vehicle is travelling over 10mph it will continue honking the horn and flashing the indicators and wait until the vehicle does go below 10mph before stalling the engine. At any point if you enter your push sequence it cancels the hijack trigger and reverts back to normal. The hijack feature is not normally used over here but it has the feature that can be selected or de-selected at will. You can also buy a £10 app if you have an iPhone newer than the iPhone 5S that you can then use with the Ghost Immobiliser. Once the iPhone is linked with the Ghost you will not have to enter the push sequence as the Ghost will immediately recognize the iPhone app running in the background. If the iPhone battery is flat, then you would have to revert back to using the push sequence. Unfortunately if you have an Android phone we are still working on the Android solution.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Thanks Sandra - I looked at this system but am I right in thinking it's not the same? This effectively disables the ODB2 port unless you scan I keycard over a senor near the port? The one I've linked to seems more comprehenisve than this, and can be integrated deeper into the car so it's harder to find.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm sure it's an effective solution too.

Reactions: scottshere
Thanks Sandra - I looked at this system but am I right in thinking it's not the same? This effectively disables the ODB2 port unless you scan I keycard over a senor near the port? The one I've linked to seems more comprehenisve than this, and can be integrated deeper into the car so it's harder to find.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm sure it's an effective solution too.
I've got the OBD Portector on mine, and it's brilliant. That said, I've not yet studied the link to the Ghost thingie.

Reactions: LukeyC
cant see the issue with pulling a couple of fuses. No power to OBD2 port at all.

Reactions: LukeyC and feva
cant see the issue with pulling a couple of fuses. No power to OBD2 port at all.
Exactly what Chris said. Done mine 2 fuses, can't put them back in easily with doors locked as they'd need to bypass the deadlocks.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: LukeyC
If there is an expensive solution to a problem, some people like to spend money in that direction.

Look at all the cleaning products available for your home, a bewildering amount of choice. Most tasks can be done with warm soapy water, vinegar or cheap bleach.

Reactions: Sandra
Consumerism, don't you just love it, how to get or keep all our money in the system!

Edit:- sorry, should have said "their system"!

I ended up pulling the fuses and I've not had any issues, warnings or failures in 5 weeks. Would highly recommend this to anyone.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: feva