A Glaze - Anyone had it done

Psyman79

Sarcasm is hard on a forum ;)
Reaction score
I posted this query in the detailing section but there doesn't seem to be much traffic through there so thought i'd try on here.I was looking at getting my car done properly to protect the paintwork for the next 3 years. I know absolutely nothing about detailing so was looking to get a local company to do it. I went to The Washbay in Aberdeen today and he suggested getting my car done with A Glaze (product name). I was just wondering if anyone had ever had their car done with this product and if they thought it was worth paying £250 to get it done. I never got my car Supaguarded when i bought it which is why i'm looking.Thanks in advance for any words of advice.Simon :)

Sorry about the look of that, my posts don't seem to be displaying the way i type them ???

Had BMW 3 series done with A Glaze. Still had to wash the bird poo off ASAP.My A3 Ibis White paint is protected with AutoGlym products as part of Audi package - got a nice Audi badged bag of Autoglym goodies when I got the car.Works well and so far have not had to apply any wax etc.

I would take the £250 and get a detailer to do a protection detail on it. Ask if they do glass coatings or ceramic coatings as your car will be well and truly protected then and a detailer will do a better job than mainstream dealership. Polished Bliss are up Aberdeen way or give Al @ AMDetails in Elgin a bell. It will be after Xmas now seeing as this time is kinda busy for us detailers with Winter protections being the main jobs on.

U could always buy a autoglym life shine kit off eBay for less than 15 quid and apply it urself.
Same kit that Audi use themselves,
Not sure if all this type of products are gimmicks or not as iv heard mixed reviews good and pointless.
Saying that u can't really go wrong for the price of life shine.
Every little helps in the Scottish weather :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm a bit of a novice with things like this so was trying to get away from doing it myself. I shall check out a few other companies and see whats on offer.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
Thanks for the offer :) still trying to convince the wife that it needs done, will let you know how i get on.

I'd also teach you how to prepare, snow foam, clean, prepare, wa.x and polish at the same time....
What foam do you use Lecht? I have got my technique down to a tee with it, i also use a lambswool mitt all over the car just before i rinse the foam off which helps loosen everything up and takes an extra minute. Although i did it on my lunch hour today, drive the 2 mile journey back to my office, got out my car and it looked like Colin McRae had been driving it!! Greasy road conditions = no point in cleaning your car!

Last edited:
This is the bizhttp://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/meguiars-hyper-wash-cat2.html
Interesting..After trying around 4 different snow foams i settled on the Chemical Guys No Touch Snow Foam, it was the best by a country mile! This looks interesting though, any idea how it compares with the above?

ill do a full detail for £250 . I'm in westhill.

Thats very reasonable especially if youre gonna throw in tuition too. Id go for that over a dealer or a car wash anyday.

I would then apply a nice wax to the car as extra protection.

Have you get a website Lechty ?

Got it on my wife's car. Washbay did her Q3 for £200.......... It's okay if you don't want to spend too much time cleaning it; simple foam, wash, filter rinse and it comes out spotlessly clean, whilst expending very little effort. Comes with a guarantee too although not received the paperwork as yet. Would want something a bit better on my own cars though which is why I use a professional detailer twice a year (before and after winter) and maintain them myself in between.

Reactions: Psyman79
I paid for the Audi protection package but regret doing so now, it makes me cringe at the thought of what Ive paid and the quality of job that no doubt has been done. But back when I picked up the car I was a lot less aware of whats available in the detailing world. If you want my advice take the money it would cost to pay Audi and take it to a professional detailer. Some fantastic detailers exist out there so do some research for your part of the world and then get them to do a full protection. Thats what I will be doing next time I pick up a new car.