A month with the S1

Bensb93

Reaction score
After a month of taming this beast, with a variety of forms of driving, I have to say it was everything I expected but more!

First of all, coming from an A5 Sportback, I thought comfort was going to be a virtually none existant, but its just not the case. Many people can't notice the difference between the 2 damper settings, but for me its a great addition to the car for long distance cruising and pot hole infested B roads. The standard seats are perfect for me and the car has enough tech to keep me occupied and when it wants to be can be a very tame sensible car that can easily achieve mid 30`s on a long run.

In dynamic, wow this car would easily surprise many high end cars. The way it pulls to the red line is just fantastic and I love the "fake 5 cylinder" tone towards 5k. The fact that these engines can easily be tuned towards 350bhp is quite scary, especially in a tiny A1. The standard tyres are OK, not brilliant but do a job but the brakes are superb and no sign of fading. As Audi steering goes, it's pretty good for an Audi, not the most intuitive but you can chuck it into corners with an idea of where your going! The gearbox is a joy to use, lovely light shift, which was a complete contrast to the F56 Cooper S I test drive prior to purchasing the S1.

Think the only downsides I've found with the car is that it can feel a little unstable at High speeds, but to be expected as its a short wheelbase car. The exhaust note sounds a little tame to me, wish it banged and popped more! That's about it so far, no clutch issues as of yet.

Overall a very happy S1 Owner.

Reactions: Sandra
Good to hear you enjoying the car. :) x

Would love to map it as its immensely tuneable but whilst under warranty, its a no go at the moment. May look at the DTUK box later in the year, as its warranty friendly.

I agree. I can't wait to put a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports on mine.

Have you remapped/tuned your S1 yet?

id go for goodyear eagle f1 assemetric2 i think they ll be more suited to the s1

id go for goodyear eagle f1 assemetric2 i think they ll be more suited to the s1

You can't get Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s in 225/35/18 87W/Y.

MPSS are phenomenal tyres :)

You can't get Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s in 225/35/18 87W/Y.

MPSS are phenomenal tyres :)
I've hot goodyear eagles in the size 225/35/18 on mine ...with indication OA ... They told me iT means only Audi

That's right asymmetric 1 but can't say i don't like these tires ... New 18" alloys with tires for 600 euro not a bad deal i think ...and the standard 17" alloys game with winter titels ... No extra cost