A new event: Simply Audi at Beaulieu - April 29th 2018

I'm going for a weekend at New Forest with the family and will also attend. Should be a fun day out.

Reactions: THQuattro
@Sandra is it too late to make this a club event?

I’ve been to Beaulieu twice before and it’s a great place with the Top Gear tent. I’m working on this day and I don’t think I would arrange a day off if I was to go alone.

Yeah. It just popped up on my Facebook page. Would be a great club stand event

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Also means uou can get into Beaulieu for about half price. Not been before. I've heard it's only ok, so not expecting too much.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Also means uou can get into Beaulieu for about half price. Not been before. I've heard it's only ok, so not expecting too much.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

It’s great to see the Top Gear cars, lots of classic cars.

I’ve been twice, only the second time so my brother could see it. I’d go back for a show, but otherwise wouldn’t make the 3 or so your trip. It’s a decent day out when the weather holds up.

@Sandra any chance of a club stand?

I bought four tickets for this in early February @ £10 each, which I believe represented some sort of discount for early online booking.

Although, at the time of booking, I didn't have to include any information whatsoever about my car, the e-tickets (which I received immediately) contain the legend: 'This ticket is only valid if arriving in an Audi'. However, there is no information as to what is going to be particularly 'special' about the day for Audi drivers.

I can only assume that, upon arrival, we'll be shown to a car parking area devoted solely to Audis various and assorted. While there we'll be able to have a good gawp at some exotic machinery no doubt and lust over the rows of R8s!

I read in the February edition of 'Classic & Sports Car' magazine that: 'The National Motor Museum has a new exhibition for 2018, with the opening of The Luxury of Motoring. It centres on the glamour of pre-war automobiles, with a collection of 28 Lalique glass mascots, on show together for the first time. They will be joined by a selection of prestige cars from the golden age of motoring, presented with their design and ownership histories.'

Beaulieu is a great day out and, if the weather's nice, a walk over to the house and grounds provides a welcome leg stretch after a slow meander round the motor museum exhibits.

Reactions: THQuattro
I will see if I can get the small club stand organised

Reactions: EmmaJ, THQuattro, Justin1974 and 1 other person
Ticket price includes entry to the car museum and the grounds - should be a fun day out if the weather does not let us down!

Reckon i will be there

Remember to book tickets asap:
*Advance tickets available until 5pm on 26th April 2018. Standard tickets are available from 5pm on 26th April 2018.

I have booked to go to this too. Will be the first club event I have been to in the Audi. Will be good to meet some others from here.
I have been a long time lurker on the forum, absorbing all the info available.

Andi

I haven't attended any 'Audi Days' since buying my S3 Saloon three years ago, so thought this might be a bit of fun .. plus, my friends and I got in to the Museum and attractions for half price.

Upon arrival we were fed through to the arena, where I parked next to a nice but elderly RS6 Avant, apparently owned by a very young couple with a babe in arms (how could he afford it?), but there didn't seem to be anything that was particularly geared up to those that had taken the trouble to attend the 'Simply Audi' event. It was rather a 'non-event' I would say.

There was a section of the arena - on the grassy area up the top - that seemed to be 100% populated by blue Audis of one model or another (mine's Sepang Blue), but nobody thought to direct me over there! There was one particular TT that was in a very striking light electric metallic blue colour that got people gawping, but apart from that there didn't appear to be anything very exceptional on view.

There were a few who arrived in modified or ridiculously lowered cars (I mean .. how can that vehicle actually drive over anything bumpier than a billiard table?) and the odd V10 R8, making a lot of noise as it left the place early at around 3.00pm!

If the day was to be called 'Simply Audi', shouldn't there have been some attempt to involve those who had arrived in an Audi? For our part, we were keen to have a coffee and do the museum first, so by the time we came to have a walk around the arena to admire the other Audis there, most of them had already gone home ... such a shame!

Vid I made of the RS246 forum cars (and a couple of others) at the Simply Audi show last weekend. Hope you enjoy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went and enjoyed it.

Mate took me in his 67 plate Rs4 - think it may have been the only new one there (bar one that one of the London dealers bought with them)

It didn’t have as much on as a full on paid event (japfest, etc), but had a nice atmosphere and some gorgeous cars. the drive back wasn’t bad either through the forest - love the pops and crackles from the Rs4.

Pleasant plod around the museum as well after