A question from a soon to be S1 owner :)

Kyle14

Reaction score
So ordered my S1 couple of weeks ago and got the build date of the 6th of April :) Cannot wait till it gets here obviously but thought I'd come on here to help me occupy myself till it comes. My question is did anyone get a good play with it during the winter on some decent snow? I've seen the driving on a frozen lake with studded tyres videos but was wondering how it could cope with standard tyres in typical British winter? Coming from the north of Scotland, you can never know when you need a good 4WD. Sadly missed this winter but hopefully next will be just as good.
Incase anyone like to know, specs of the car include:
Sportback in Sepang blue
Quattro exterior pack with 18" wheels
Black styling pack
Flat bottomed steering wheel
Heated seats
Also, I know I went against the grain here and some may question it but I went for colour matching wing mirrors. I personally think it looks better, please don't hurt me :undwech::)

Morning Kyle, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where in Scotland are you? April not to far away for your build week. I like the idea of the mirrors matching, and sepang is such a nice colour. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra, thank you for the welcome. I'm about 50 miles north of Inverness so pretty much out in the sticks. Really surprised when they came back with the early build date, was lucky that they were just putting an order in:) I agree with the sepang blue being a nice colour and with the matching mirrors, just means I have my own thing of "The one with the S1 with no chrome on it":thumbs up:

Best colour I also considered the option of mirrors but I quite like the satin finish now.
enjoy quick build date I waited 5 months and 1 week!

It's amazing in the snow mate, goes sideways with literally no effort at all, I'm down in Fife and we have about 5/6 inches of snow about a month ago, I used about half a tank of fuel with just four wheel drifting and donuts :) but at the same time it's amazing with the four wheel drive, I even stopped on a hill to push a woman up it in her Passat which was stuck, mine never missed a beat!

I got mine in September, first one the garage had registered :)
I went for the 3 for in Sepang blue
Quattro exterior pack
Quattro interior pack
Technology pack
Cruise control

Reactions: Kyle14 and S1Grant
There is an article of S1 in the Australia Wheels magazine April issue. Topic "Ring burner" -What's faster around the Nurburgring, a supercar or a superdriver in a humble hot hatch? Car journo John Carey and some block named Winkelhock to find out. Quoting from the article: In Germany's winter, most S1 wear winter tyres, they weren't a problem driving at leisurely pace, but on the autobahn their blocky, squirmy tread pattern does nothing for high-speed confidence. Though driven at 220km/h-plus a couple of times, diretional stability isn't great. Much more pleasant to cruise around 150km/h, a stressless Sunday-driver pace in Germany. Guess Scotland doesn't have autobahn...but 150km/h on winter tyres seems all right.

Thanks for the replies guys. Puts to show the how useful Quattro will be, got about 4 inches of snow last night and the old A1 was really struggling. Some winter tyres might be a worthy purchase. I'll have my tyre chains in the boot anyway so will be struggling not to rallycross it home.

My A1 was the exact same dude :) 17" alloys didn't help one bit lol

So they dealer got back to me today and said the car will be finished by next week, with a expected delivery to myself for the end of the month:jump:
Does it really only take 2 weeks to arrive at the garage after its built? What was everyone else's experience like?

Takes 3-6 weeks from factory in Belgium to dealership in UK. I'd say your dealer is pretty optimistic of delivering it to you this month!

Well here's hoping it the 3 weeks. To be fair, the dealer has been so helpful and correct on everything so far I'm sort of trusting him to be right. From day 1 he reckoned I have it by the first week in May so he is extremely lucky or good at the job