A question on the subject of Lloyds "CORI " & "BLRI" .

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all,
I could use some insight really into how Lloyds " CORI" & "BLRI" refunds are calculated.
I have some old accounts etc that appear to be effected by these products and it seems the time is ticking to make any claim for them.
I wouldn't have bothered normally to be honest but having seen entries on 19 year old bank statements its kinda got me thinking about the whole thing.
I'm no financial guru but would like to have a go at doing the sums to see what things pan out at, some friend 's said go to a PPI firm but i'd rather chip away at it myself really.
If i'm owed a few hundred pounds then it would offset the running cost of my old bus, it all adds up at the end of the day.
Any feedback help would be very appreciated chaps.

rob

If you bank with lloyds, contact them directly and get one of their own ppi reclaim forms.....there is no charge and if you are due a refund you will get %100 of your money back.
Lloyds will check back over any records they find with your name on and will notify you.
We got 7500 back from them, from our mortgage and various loans.

Try it....you have nothing to lose

Reactions: Charlie Farley
OK thanks for that Phil, I have a look into it, i'm just a bit confused really as this appears from a quick web search as a Lloyds thing with many saying its not PPI, and as it is commercial a different thing all together.

BLRI is "business loan repayment insurance"; in essence, a particular form of PPI, specifically for business loans. I don't recall what CORI is; it's a reasonable bet that the RI part is "repayment insurance". but I'm struggling with the CO component; "company overdraft", perhaps?

Go to the bank or building society direct and get the info from them .
Martins money saving expert website has the forms you print and send in and eventually get all the money due back ( if any .)Takes up to 12 weeks I believe
DO NOT USE the PPI firms as the ones that phone me all want 33 % of any monies they get back .I wind them up all the time and ask what the catch is ? They all say no catch but they want 33% or more , I say what for filling in a form ,1/2 hour work ........
I sent the form in and got £2k back , It only takes 1/2 hour to fill in .
Good Luck.

But don't assume you'll get money back. Despite the hysteria that's been perpetuated over the past decade, not every PPI policy that ever existed was mis-sold.

I went to my lender (a high street bank back when there were branches on most High Streets ) and asked them if any of the products I had taken out carried PPI, they informed me straightaway that I had had 2, and provided me with a contact number.
Research your reasons you believe you were mislead.
Two calls later monies were refunded in full with 8% interest.:yahoo:

And I was nearly right. CORI is "commercial overdraft repayment insurance". Click.
Thanks for the clarification , looks like I need to do some in depth research then as I rarely if ever take out any form of PPI , if the payments and debits on my old business accounts do turn out to be either of these then the situation needs addressing by Lloyds as its not something I would have knowingly taken out, but then Lloyds did a lot of under the radar things to my accounts for many years which I only found out recently.
Anyway, thanks for the input all you guys , very helpful indeed.

Reactions: jdp1962
Well it seems I've had a bit of a result on this, well had a positive response and its is as you chaps said.
Both are commercial products sold to businesses and a large proportion of those Insurance product sold in the late 90's through to mid 2000's by Lloyds tsb as they were then were mis-sold in some very sneeky ways.
Anway, I filed an online query directly via their website and had a call back today from them confirming my issues and they would be dealing with both mis-sold products on all my old accounts, which had all been effected .
So might be in for a few pounds back after all, just have to wait for them to confirm in writing what the format is, but at least 3 account are 19 years old .
Not sure how they work out the figures but will be interesting to see what they come back with, knowing my luck it will be an offer of £200.
anyway thanks for the input all, very much appreciated.
If I get a big lump the drinks are on me:yes::icon thumright:

Reactions: Alistair D and jdp1962
Looks like the drinks are on me tonight then.
Had an offer today that covers all my previous business accounts for both types of insurance products also "POP" which was another Lloyds specific product going back to 2000.
Anyway very happy bunny now so the the drinks are on me.

cheers
rob

Reactions: Alistair D, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and jdp1962