A sad day today folks... im leaving the S3 club

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
As title people. Its all over. Ive decided that financially, enough is now enough.

After 4 years with and A3 and an S3 its time to move on. Feeling a little sad i must admit but i want someone to appreciate all the work that has gone into Bumble, and feel about it the wqy i do about getting a new car. Excited. I just dont feel that any more, and i feel ive now taken her as far as shes willing to go.

At least now she feels like a finished project. Fully mappeed, big brakes and no more ****** clunk!!!

Will be hard to see her go, however i will only sell it to someone who understands the staggering amount of man hours that have been applied, and the money, that has got her here.

I am picking up an Audi Ibis white BMW E46 M3 on saturday morning, and i have to say that she really is a beauty. Very pleased as I have always wanted one if im honest. Ill get some pics up when she gets home. I will be brining Bumble to ADI regardless as a final outing, so hopefully i will see a lot of you there.

A sad day.

this saddens me hugely Welly, but I do kind of understand.....

the E46 M3 is a phenomenal car, but it's going to feel dog slow in a straight line compared to bumble!

Wow, thats a surpise. I've been reading your trials and tribulations and many moons have passed.
Not saying the E46 is not a fine carriage, but pray tell, why thou buy a slower auto carriage ?

i know you said the other day, but i honestly didnt expect you to ACTUALLY do it!

nice move though in going ahead with the E46, at least you are moving to something you've always had a love for.
and i cant wait to see bumbles fairwell.

All the best with with new motor PAL, I truely respect E46 as a fine German motor. enjoy!

Shame you are going, as you have only just got her finished! I have enjoyed reading about your progress, and trails! A lot of hard work and money has gone into this car! A true credit to yourself! I always find it very hard watching someone get rid of a car they have just finished. But when one project is over your always itching for the next!

Good luck! Supercharge m3 next?

wow - all that time and money and you want to sell it ?? keep it mate, you are mad !!

Well i think you have had itchy feet for a while now.... good luck with the M3 very nice, but need looking after like a baby, ive had one and to be honest it was a bit of a money pit (probably neglect from the previous owner..s) it will look amazing in white, i cant wait for the pics..
I think i can say on behalf of us all on here that you have helped so many people with your testings here and there, and probably saved a lot of us hard earned dosh... from your fails... and successes...:icon_thumright:
There are some great BM forums around and im sure they will all benefit from your tinkering...:beerchug:

Somebody is going to get a true one off Bumble!!

To be fair guys, I will still be hanging around here despite not having a VAG. My mate has got a 1.8T that we are slowly modding, and to be fair, all beemer forums suck IMO. I will look to them for advice and not much else.

Also, since the M3 is actually in Audi Ibis white, I think I'm allowed :)

A few photos as requested - I will take some better ones when I pick her up tomorrow morning though.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

maaaaaate, sad to see you go!! I remember at the start you told me the yellows ones were the worst :p Best of luck mate, I hope you find a good home for bumble

Welly, you wont be able to run the M3 on ****** sunny tyres or you'll bin it in 5 mins :moa:

You're not wrong... however **** tyres on those make for lots of sideways fun....

I do agree though, good tyres from now on. Expensive old job, the backs are 275 30 19's

Christ mate i cant believe your actually selling up, as said though youe been a great help to many of us and ive always loved radig your threads.

The beemer looks stunning mate, nice colour and stance.

It's truly a sad day in the 8L fraternity. Hopefully the new owner of Bumble will get on here so we can keep up with the future of Bumble.

Nice choice of replacement :icon_thumright:

Welly, you've been so used to destroying everything on the road in Bumble. You'd better get ready to be shown up by a few S3s now you have the underpowered beemer ;)

Agreed.

And A3 Quattros in the rain :racer: :rockwoot:

As title people. Its all over. Ive decided that financially, enough is now enough.

After 4 years with and A3 and an S3 its time to move on. Feeling a little sad i must admit but i want someone to appreciate all the work that has gone into Bumble, and feel about it the wqy i do about getting a new car. Excited. I just dont feel that any more, and i feel ive now taken her as far as shes willing to go.

At least now she feels like a finished project. Fully mappeed, big brakes and no more ****** clunk!!!

Will be hard to see her go, however i will only sell it to someone who understands the staggering amount of man hours that have been applied, and the money, that has got her here.

I am picking up an Audi Ibis white BMW E46 M3 on saturday morning, and i have to say that she really is a beauty. Very pleased as I have always wanted one if im honest. Ill get some pics up when she gets home. I will be brining Bumble to ADI regardless as a final outing, so hopefully i will see a lot of you there.

A sad day.

cool-story-bro.gif

Reactions: coatesy
Welly, you've been so used to destroying everything on the road in Bumble. You'd better get ready to be shown up by a few S3s now you have the underpowered beemer ;)

To be honest, it's not so much about the power. Bumble is great, and I do thoroughly enjoy racing about in it, but I just fancy some thing a bit less highly strung, whilst maintaining some power. The M3 will be comfy and really lovely to drive. Driving Bumble requires much more concentration and planning all the time.

I've been up power avenue, I've built, driven and maintained a very powerful little 1.8 for a long time now. I've spent a huge amount of money, time and effort on it - and now I just fancy a break from that for a bit.

I have no doubts whatsoever I will be returning to the VAG marque in the forseeable future - however it will most likely be in a diesel.

Bumble is a car I will never forget. It's had my sweat, blood and tears. But there is a point where enough is enough. If I could afford to keep her and the M3, I would. But I can't :(.

Besides, my plans lie here: M3 Supercharger Kit - Stage 1 - BMW - Supercharger Kits - Forced Induction or here: E46 M3 VT2-500 Supercharger System (Gen.2) - ESS Tuning | BMW Tuning Parts | BMW Racing, Tuning, Aftermarket, Performance Parts | Engine Power Chips | Performance Upgrades Chip

Last edited:
Great car the E46....just in time for the winter as well ;)

Got to say though thanks for the build thread and answering people's questions and advising on things here....I do love reading your blunt and witty replies sometimes :D haha

At least you left your mark with the VAG crowd with the 'Welly Cooler'

Sorry to see you go Welly, but I respect your choice of replacement motor. Must admit to have been spending far too long recently on Pistonheads (have you seen the price of Porsche 911 996 C4S's these days...?). But no firm plans. Still love my S3.

Oh, and good luck with the winter weather...!

Not good saleing the s3,but i feel your pain,cost's so much and is hard to keep chucking money into it,but i could'nt sale mine i would loose to much.m3's are nice and go well,and they are so cheep nowaday's.good swap,at least your not getting a deisel yaris.

i'll be honest, I love the e46 M3, but I just couldn't ever come to terms with getting rid of something I've ploughed so much money into :(

Sad day indeed. I think you may struggle to sell her at a reasonable price. Reasonable considering your investment that is!

Stripping it will be the only way to recoup reasonable cash but understandable that after all the hard work you`d never want to strip it all back. Plus its a ballache

A sad day.

I'm doing the same very soon pal, I'm defecting to the dark side though, I'm going for an E46 BMW 330D B) 204bhp and 302ft lb as standard and 250bhp and 380ft lb after a juicy remap and STILL does 55mpg B)

Best of luck with the M3 pal, BMWs are truly brilliant cars

Ben

I considered an e46 M3 before I bought the S3 - the running costs and fragility of some of the bits put me off. The SMG mechatronics is $$$, vanos, weak headgaskets on some cars, tyres are 50% more to replace, weak rear suspension mounting (BMW recall if less than 10 yrs old), but the shape is a classic, engine sounds brilliant at full chat and it handles (when it's not wet), but it's not hugely quicker than my stage 1 S3, don't think theres in it below 80mph.

lets just hope that you will find a new owner that loves bumble as much as you welly, you have been a brill member and im sure you will be back before long, but at least you are sticking with the german marque :icon_thumright:

good luck

Sorry to see you leave Welly i'm glad your getting an M3 and not a diesel tho!

Sad to see the bumble change hands mate, you've been a great contributor to 1.8t R&D :)

Hope to still see ya about at meets and bills ;)

Sad to see you go.
But I have had an M3...you will love it. Actually i might go back to the M3 scene lol, just waiting for the perfect car to come accross. Looking for a red one on black leather.

keep visiting us!

but I just fancy some thing a bit less highly strung

Epic choice of motor matey, good luck to you.

Though you can't get much more highly strung than the S54 in the e46 m3, whats that awesome noise 8000rpm redline, with peak power at 7900!!!

Im sure it was one of the highest NA power engines for the displacement when it was created, or one of its ancestors in the e36 was?

Anyway, enjoy the sideways action.

This is a shame mate! Good luck with the Bimmer!

Epic choice of motor matey, good luck to you.

Though you can't get much more highly strung than the S54 in the e46 m3, whats that awesome noise 8000rpm redline, with peak power at 7900!!!

Im sure it was one of the highest NA power engines for the displacement when it was created, or one of its ancestors in the e36 was?

Anyway, enjoy the sideways action.

With the E36 M3, you could always brag about the fact that the engine was have a McLaren F1 engine in the car! The E46 is an evolution of the same engine isn't it?

how long before its dyno'd :p

nice to have something different...
hope the winters warm and dry for you, else you will be stranded most of the time

quattro ftw every time

Reactions: camscockle20vT