a step closer perhaps....

SinkyA3

Reaction score
so ive been having a problem with my bluetooth not working i.e. phone cant find bluetooth in the car or any other phone for that matter.
voice command and mode button on mfsw are not working either
vag com scan showed a fault for voice recognition module which im guessing is linked to my mfsw
vag com kept freezing when getting to module 77 for the telephone so im presuming that it cant communicate which another member has pointed out.
ive just been looking on another site about wether i could put a newer model of the bluetooth module in (obviously it will need coding with vcds) as the module i have says that it "may get replaced under warranty due to faulty firmware"

so a quick look on the bay and i find this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-8...426686?hash=item25cc6c1a7e:g:5qoAAOSwNRdX3pfe

question is
1. what is the black box next to it and do i need it for it to work or could i just take that module and swap it with my existing one and do the coding with vcds?

2.where is the location of the voice recognition module and are they easy to change and will they need coding too?

Fault code of control module for voice recognition

1 Fault Found:
01301 - Control Module for Voice Recognition (J507)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 156
Mileage: 116961 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.03.18
Time: 05:24:20

Freeze Frame:
ON

any help greatly appreciated:grinning:

Mine was just the silver box with the aerial coming out of it, looks like a tiny circuit board. My VCDS wouldn't communicate with 77 either, to many errors it said. So we replaced the box and loom at the same time and now it works fine.

£170 wow that's a lot think mine was nearer to £70

i know mate it is pricey but its frustrating that its not working. my car is a 2008 so mine has the module ended in k but on another forum you can put a newer module in and code using vcds. this one is out of a 2011 i think it was.

did you get the same module part number as your original and can you remember where abouts the loom runs from the module?
and also did the bluetooth module affect your button son your steering wheel?

cheers lee

I think mine was a later one. Not sure on how it is standard we just found a natural route from the headunit to the box. No part of mine was still working, was weird couldn't access it with vcds, i never got the bluetooth symbol on the rnse either. But after loom and box swap i could use vcds fine in 77

ah i wonder if mine is the same then as when i tried it on vcds the cursor just kept spinning as though it was trying to communicate but it froze so had to back out of it.

do you happen to know whats different about high comfort and basic function with these bluetooth modules?

ok no probs thanks again lee
did yours affect your mode button and voice command button do you know, im just wondering if that is to do with the bluetooth module or a voice control module

No when mine was faulty i just couldn't access 77