A very sad goodbye for now...

Customboy

Reaction score
Right everyone where do I start sadly on Sunday afternoon my car was smashed into and quite badly damaged and look like it may be written off, this accident has completely devastated me and broken my heart in so many ways, I was left battered and bruised but slowly recovering but ok, but this accident has left me very lost and broken hearted, the few good people who knew have been so supportive and can't thank them enough, but now my interest has completely gone for now and will sadly be saying goodbye until I can get myself sorted. I'm grateful to just suffered a few bruises and cuts and I know most people will say that the car is but a car and I can buy another one and start again, but my car was more then a car to me and I have suffered great heartache and pain in my life and my car was the one thing that kept me strong and positive and now I'm just lost,

So with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes I say goodbye for now and hopefully will be back one day, I can't thank everyone enough here for making me feel so happy and part of such a great family and meeting and making such good friends, I wish I could afford to go and buy a new car and start again but I sadly can't and will soon decide to sell all my car parts I have worked so hard for to do my ko4 conversion and only hope they make someone else as happy as they would of made me,

So once again my good friends I wish you all the best and safe driving and hopefully will be back soon

Take care and my love and respects to you all

Customboy aka bobby :)

Pics of my car and how gutted I am

46e1b371.jpg

b6940ffd.jpg

f1594079.jpg

79600fe7.jpg

5adb6def.jpg

Gutted bobby. Will the insurance pay you out? I'd try and buy it off them and repair it bit by bit. Parts cheap second hand. If you are serious about selling up I'd consider buying ur ko4 job lot. Let me know what price u have in mind. But seriously do you want to sell it?? Just think hard mate. Chin up dude and really am sorry for you loss big time...

Sheet man- that's really unfortunate to hear :(
So is it classed as a non fault claim?

I was in a very similar situation- albeit mainly body work damage at the beginning of the year to a fecking driver that didn't even bother leaving there deatails and tbh I was feeling very sad indeed as a car is not just a car to an enthusiast - it is like having a pet.....
Hope you get back on the road shortly, you start feeling positive again and find your way in another 4 ringed motor

Reactions: tubby-ben
Gutted for you Bobby
Glad to hear you only suffered minor injuries though :friends:

Id repair it mate,buy back of insurance,even if you have odd coloured bumper wing for now,or as my mate did with his dc2 by it back strip and sale,he bought back fo £900 and made £1400 so far still got the shell.

First off, glad you arent seriously hurt and walked away!

As for the car, TBH that looks repairable, even the bumper carrier is still streight. Obviously you'd need to have a good check around underneath to be sure, probably replace the suspesnion bits on that corner for peace of mind.

I'd be buying it back from the insurer, and using your payout to sort the bodywork and press on with your planned mods. It'll be a cat C or D write off, but who cares about some letter.

hey bobby well for starteers mate thank God your just fine and walked away no broken bones... the car doesnt look so damaged mind you.. and keep it new headlight bumper, wing , and some other bits and she should be fine matey.. just have a complete check of her... engine mounts etc...

i hope you'll feel better quite soon mate i know ill be feeling the same if it were to happen to me.

a few months back i had the pleasure of meeting bobby aka custom boy since that meeting we have become friends sharing our builds encouraging each other to spend money and laughing lots of laughing il miss you on our early meets at ace so sad for you whats happened but i will look forward when you return il save your chair for you !!

Bummer man! Just goes to show that how much love and money you put into a car, it's can so easily be taken away.

Gutted for you bobby I know how it feels when you have a lot of crap going on its just like being kicked when your down, hope your feeling alright and try not to let it get you down to much.

Chris.

This is sad to see I read a few of your posts and you seemed to have big plans for your car as long as your not hurt to badly is the main thing good luck if your trying to repair your car it shouldn't cost you much!

Sorry to be reading this Bobby but the main thing here is that you are ok. Its easy to tell how much your car meant to you and I'm sure the majority of us enthusiasts feel your pain. Our 8l's are getting on a bit now and sadly insurance would rather scrap it than repair although to me yours seems like it can be repaired! let us know how you get on and get well soon mate!

Buy it back, that is an easy repair.
If you can it to Birmingham, i'll get it sorted as cheap as possible for you (my mate owns a bodyshop).

​Sorry about your car Bobby, the important thing is that your ok. We all know you will be back. Take care. X

is this the car on the dyno on your facebook ben ? lovely motor, very sad, but it could be far worse. Ive had a relative die in a crash so at least its the car thats broken and not his face. :slapped:

really to sorry to hear about this mate! glad your ok! and the car can always be rebuilt better than ever :superman:

Sorry to hear dude and glad your ok. Like said though, buy the car back, youll easly get that for a wing and prey n itll cost hardly owt to fix.

Dont understand all these goodbye, ill miss you, i love you, your the best threads that appear on this forum constantly.

Pretty sure your a swell guy but man up, and either fix it or cut your losses. (this comes from a hardcore car fan who lets face it gets a bit attached to his cars, BUT they are only cars...)

My 2 penneth

so sad to read that :(

im glad your ok, i hope you can somehow get it back and repair it, chin up mate and stick around

Get well soon buddy & May the lord bless you with another baby in time to come :) i shall be looking forward to any news in the future bud, KEEP WELL ;-) Cheers

Firstly your OK which is the main thing, and as many have said thats reparable relatively easillly, so I would seriously suggest buying it off the insurers and doing it up yourself as its a treasured car wiith personal memories

Id repair it mate,buy back of insurance,even if you have odd coloured bumper wing for now,or as my mate did with his dc2 by it back strip and sale,he bought back fo £900 and made £1400 so far still got the shell.

2nd that

You could also say to the insurance that you could get the bumper bonnet and wing ( 2nd hand ) and pay for hem out your own pocket as they will quote for new parts fitted

Oh Bobby, you bring a tear to my eye with your post :(

Main thing is that you are ok!!

The damage looks quite superficial dude, you should be ok buying that back and be able to get it back on the road at a fairly decent price.

Mate I feel your pain. But surely you can fix that?

If you need a hand buddy send us a PM. I've always like your car and would love to see it running again

Ben

Oh man I hope your getting better fast! The main thing is that your ok! Cars can be mended but people can't! If you feel like buying the car back then I'd be happy to help you get it back to scratch bro! :)

Glad you're ok dude, I know how it feels when your pride n joy gets smashed, happened with my first car, some penis pulled out on me on a roundabout n my car was written off, i was devastated. The insurance paid out n told me to keep the car, so i repaired it n got my baby back on the road, n was happy again. I recommend you do the same bud, you're not far from me so if you need a helping hand, give me a shout :icon_thumright:

Well today rang the bodywork company who have my car they are saying its a total write off got the insurance engineer to go look on Friday and will take it from there, always thought there was a hope of repair but the engineer said costs would be massive plus the headache involved in re mot re registering it and getting it checked, so now even more gutted as I won't get much for the car, just got to get my private plate back, and then a cheap car from now on, ford fiesta here I come !!

Buy it back, reapair it, then get it mot'd.
Job done.

I had somebody crash into me in a Bmw 328i Sport.
They said it was a cat C write off. I went to the garage and drove it home!

Mate sorry to hear about this. Its a write off Vs its value but remember a write off is only that if the cost of repairs (using OEM new parts and manufacturer labour times exceeds 70% of the car's value.

I had a similar thing with an A3 a few years back. From what i can see, budgeting using 2nd hand parts i would estimate as follow (perhaps it will give you some clarity):

- 40 Bonnet
- 25 Wing
- 40 Lock carrier ( as expect light fitting may be broken )
- 35 NS head light
- 40 Bumper
- 450 for respray and blend of bumper, bonnet, wing ?
- 100 VIC test if a cat C
Total 730

hi bobby. sorry to hear such bad news, i feel for you. on the plus side it does look a easy repair.
buy it back and fix it, may even have some £ left over :)

I got a fiesta going for scrap soon, any parts you want mate, let me know!

Glad you're Ok Bobby.

As others have said I'd get your car back from the repair centre. If the Insurance decide to write it off then they should pay you it's current market value before the accident so use this money to fix what appears to be quite salvageable. Once you've bolted on the new parts you can get the MOT and then worry about a respray.

I had a similar event not so long ago where my car was written off (too expensive to repair) and the repair centre decided to give the car to a salvage yard and told me I would have to buy my car back??!! Absolute rubbish!! The car belongs to you and should be returned to you if they can't or won't repair it. If you decide to sell it for scrap or salvage then they pay you this amount in addition to the money you'll get from the Insurance company.
Judging on some of the replies regarding cost of replacement second hand parts the Insurance money should sort most if not all of it out, especially if you accept the kind offers of help from others on here.

Last edited:
You can ask to buy it back off the insurer as salvage AFTER it has been written off as a CAT D/C..

In order to get a payout (in this case the car needs to be written off) and at the same time you pass title to the insurer by accepting settlement. You can then buy it back of the insurer (get it agreed in writing before you accept settlement + a buy back salvage price). Simplistical speaking you NET the difference between payout and salvage value. That's how it works.