A year on and the new wheels arrive

Markb

Reaction score
Before anyone says I am not copying Ade_D I have wanted them ever since I picked my car up a year ago and the tyres on the old ones are on there way out. So here are the new ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bbschfrontside.jpg

bbschsideonsunny.jpg

Oh I love them to bits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Comments welcome.

loving the wheels./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
i narrowed down to 3 choices, the ones rich got, my oz's and the bbs's. i'd have been happy with any of them as they all 3 look great.

Copy cat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking good Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif, but I think the rear end of your car could do with a bit more lowering, maybe your future install will help with that.

Great choice Mark. Massively improves the look of the car!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Copy cat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking good Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif, but I think the rear end of your car could do with a bit more lowering, maybe your future install will help with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's what I am thinking about the rear.

Also I've got no rear seats etc... in it so that doesn't really help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Very nice Mark!! Looks like your cars gonna pounce, lol!! ggrrraaarrrrrrrgghh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good choice. Looks nice.

Whats the size and offset on those?

[/ QUOTE ]

18" ET30

[/ QUOTE ]

They must be sitting proud of the arches? When i had my S3 alloys on they were ET32 and sat outside the arch... Does look good like that though!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good choice. Looks nice.

Whats the size and offset on those?

[/ QUOTE ]

18" ET30

[/ QUOTE ]

They must be sitting proud of the arches? When i had my S3 alloys on they were ET32 and sat outside the arch... Does look good like that though!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they are sitting proud, but as you say it looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are they sticking out past the wheel arches Mark? Its just I thought that this was illegal??

Not 100% sure mind you..

Wheels look really good btw!

no meaning to rain on your parade and i realise the chance of plod saying anything is very low, but is it not illegal to have the wheels proud of the arches? i am sure i read this recently...possibly in the sticky in the handling section.

still it does looks the nutts that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif and no doubt you will be fitting a cloaking device anyway!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You are right, it is illegal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You are right, it is illegal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As are many things that really dont matter too much. I wouldnt worry about it.

What width are the wheels.
Also what size tyres as I see you've gone for the stretched look.

Could you take some rear and front photos for us.

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do mate. Although I might leave the front ones off as I hate my front bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Going to have to be changed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do mate. Although I might leave the front ones off as I hate my front bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Going to have to be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats cool. I just want to get an idea of the stance from other angles if you know what I mean.

I't looks good and wide so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

never seen them rims before, they sure look different but in a good way! Loving the colour too! Spot on!

Think im gonna clean mine and take some arty pics at sunset being a nice day and all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's what I am thinking about the rear.

Also I've got no rear seats etc... in it so that doesn't really help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, it's that power-to-weight ratio thing again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

looks cool that does, takes a good effort find aftermarket alloys that everyone can agree on look good for the car and i'm pretty sure they're a perfect choice, nice one mark

Nathan, notice how much wider Marks car looks with the wheels petruding the arches. You get the same sort of visual effect when adding the spacers.

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
how much??

look great

also what did you use to 'paint' your tyres?? lookng very shiny

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, please no copying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Valeting tyre shine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
looks cool that does, takes a good effort find aftermarket alloys that everyone can agree on look good for the car and i'm pretty sure they're a perfect choice, nice one mark

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very pleased with my choice, but after seeing them a year ago I had to have them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

For HTC and others:

bbschstretch01.jpg

bbschstretch02.jpg

The back end does need to be a little lower, but having the interior and install will help that LOL

[ QUOTE ]
IMO the front looks too far out... but i guess the wider S3 areches would soon swallow those up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but as you say the S3 arches would cover them.

how much is your car lowered by mate?
Looks very nice, i was thinking about them too but saw some1 else with them on here and changed my mind..

The S3 arches cover them easily. Mine are 35mm offset but i've also got 15mm spacers at the rear and 10mm on the front. The fronts sit flush with the wheel arch and the backs sit 5 mm or so inside the arch. I have no rubbing on either the front or back. Without the spacers they just don't fill the arches enough IMO.

Markb - They look like the perfect offset to me, but as said it just needs to be a little lower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ade

[ QUOTE ]

Markb - They look like the perfect offset to me, but as said it just needs to be a little lower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

All in good time.

As I said before I've got no rear seats or interior so there's a load of weight missing. Also there will be a stereo install in there at some stage. So it should drop it quite nicely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Just changing the wheels looks like a different car! Nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif