A1 1.6 TDI remap?

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, my sister has recently bought a 1.6 tdi and i really think it could benefit from a remap, anyone done it yet?

Leave it alone, it's a very weak engine built with only one purpose in mind: Fuel Economy ! If you want more power go for the 2L tdi !

I agree,if you want more power just get 2.0. No point investing into mods for such car,its gonna blow off the turbo and mess up the clutch sooner.

Yeah just go for a GTI rather than the re-mapping

Hi guys, my sister has recently bought a 1.6 tdi and i really think it could benefit from a remap, anyone done it yet?

I think it will be capable of it to be honest. The Remap is adding a decent amount of power, if it were adding something silly on top like 50+Bhp i would say no.

They wouldn't of made the Remap available if it is going to wreck your car in no time i suppose.

Superchips:

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=2&fueltype=2&model=501&variant=2579

Revo:

http://cdn1.repository247.org/resou...app_lists/VAG_Application_List_2012_R1111.pdf

Yeah having a search, bill at badger 5 is where I'm taking it for a custom map.

why not let the engine lossen up with at least 5k mile before remapping.
remember that you have to take it easy within the first few thousand miles
of having a new car.
even the fuel economy wont be that great but would become progressivly better wth more miles.
if anyone disagrees with me please feel free to give a genuine reason.

Thats not always the case, You can still drive them hard as long as the engine is warm, and after about 4000 miles it will be ready to do anything.

Ill be waiting a few thousand miles before its mapped.

well, thats your choice. i cant say anymore and im sure many would aggree with me.
Thats not always the case, You can still drive them hard as long as the engine is warm, and after about 4000 miles it will be ready to do anything.