A1 Black Edition 185 Detailing Thread (PIC HEAVY)

itchyhippo

Reaction score
Chaps & Chapettes,

:newbie:

Finally after two years of owning my Audi A1 Black Edition (185) I have decided to show off some of it's beauty and my hard work keeping her clean!

For anyone wondering, she is a 2012 A1 with 33K miles. 1.4 twincharged engine with Audi's 7 speed Stronic gearbox, 185bhp. All the usuals - Bose/Nav/Xenons etc.

I will continue to add to this thread as and when fitting if people enjoy the content!

Enjoy! :D

Latest detail sesh;

Car was pretty filthy before. I live in a block of flats so it's difficult to wash it when there (although I do have a 50M hose and extension power cable I dangle out the window 4 floors... Dedication! ;) )

I usually give her a good day or so detailing sesh every 3 weeks whilst at my parents house in the images below. Other than that, it's just a quick weekly wash in the carpark of my flats.

She was pretty filthy to begin with, 150 mile journey in the rain didnt help!

IMG_1544 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1546 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1547 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1548 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1549 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

After a good 10 minute Jet Wash spray down, double snowfoam and two bucket wash she was looking much cleaner...

IMG_1550 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1551 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1552 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1553 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

The drying stage commenced drying with 3 plush microfibre towels. I also tried Auto Finesse 'Quick Spray Wax' during the drying stage which acted as a lubricant and a quick top up on my already reasonably fresh layer of Auto Finesse Temptation Wax.

IMG_1554 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1556 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1562 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1564 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

And the final results....

IMG_1570 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

Unfortunately being black, she doesn't last long like this! :(

Beading the next day when it rained...

IMG_1574 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1575 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1576 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1580 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1594 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1596 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1604 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1607 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1718 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

Gave her another quick wash to get rid of dirty rain dried spots, ready for the journey back home.

IMG_1719 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1723 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1724 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1725 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

IMG_1727 by Alex Rogers, on Flickr

Cheers guys!

Reactions: Scottyg, 45bvtc and Mark_l
Nice, shortly to become an A1 1.4TFSi 185bhp Black Edition owner myself... :whistle2:

Reactions: Scottyg
This one has the CTH engine; double-checked so fully fixed - and a 12-month Audi warranty just in case...

Ah yes, much better than my older CAVG engine. Enjoy it! :redrs4:

Will do itchyhippo, will do. Now we have the car home along with it's paperwork I find that this car had a new engine at 8K miles due to a 1litre/650 mile oil consumption; so that's good news for me.

Have to say, even with an Rs3 and a TT in the garage, this little machine is everything we'd have hoped for; here swapping around the wheels already, need to get the 18-inch rotors cleaned ready for new rubber on Wednesday, and them's my 17-inch wheels that'll be refurbished and have winter rubber fitted later in the year - and new brake discs (if only to replace the chronically rusty Audi OEM ones) and pads arrive on Monday so gonna be busy fettling this wee machine the way we want it:

P1000032z

Oh, and a 50+ mpg on a 100-mile M65/M6 run back from the Audi dealers, impressive, and quick too; and no wind noise... why ain't my RS3 like this, Audi? :readit:

Love it! Love the grey too, black is such a difficult colour to keep clean/swirl free.

I guess yours suffered from the oil issue too. Maybe your's originally had the CAVG engine and they replaced it with the newer CTH engine?

Also, how did you get 50MPG? You must have been driving like a saint! 42 is the most I can see using no throttle at all!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Love it! Love the grey too, black is such a difficult colour to keep clean/swirl free.

I guess yours suffered from the oil issue too. Maybe your's originally had the CAVG engine and they replaced it with the newer CTH engine?

Also, how did you get 50MPG? You must have been driving like a saint! 42 is the most I can see using no throttle at all!

No, really, honestly, truthfully.... Even I was bl**dy amazed; ok in 'drive' most of the 'motorway' journey but once on the A5 (islands and all) I was 'paddle-shifting'; it's a cracking piece of kit, I really must say; and a laugh for a pair of OAP's :superman:

OK, so I was being followed by my friendly OAP partner (RS3copilot) in her TT ragtop; and so I was being a tad sympathetic: but for me this 185bhp A1 is way more 'FUN' than an R8 V10 Plus on the same roads, and that's an R10 V10 Plus that for me is generally waiting for the 'horses' to 'wake-up'.

No, I think the Audi A1 185bhp 3-door is mega FUN for 100% of the time on UK roads :yahoo: And the R10 V10 Plus maybe 50% of that same time on the same roads... :racer: