A1 Miss-sold information.. Please check

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Recently my sister bought an a1 1.6 tdi and went to buy some tax when she found out that the info that Audi sold her are wrong. Audi state that the A1 1.6 TDI produces 99g/km co2 and it's a tax band A which is congestion zone free, Infact it's a tax band B and it produces 105g/km co2 which isn't congestion free. London transport have said this and Audi have admitted to her that they made the mistake.. The question is what should we ask from them? I proposed she gets a new car fully loaded with DRL, cruise, parking sensors, sat nav, the lot.. They said they will give her a full refund but that's not what she wants, otherwise she wouldn't of bought the car! What would you ask, and has this happened to you?

Reactions: KJN
The info on Audi uk website is wrong too. Here is an Audi A1 1.6 TDI S-line

It changed from 105 to 99 so it depends on the build year
There's a few people on the A1 forum that have had the same trouble

Really? That's mad.. Hers is a 11plate. Do you know when they proposed the 99g/km?

tell them you want the money to tax it and pay for the congestion charge for the next 10 years in advance.

Reactions: shady-ninja
Get to the head honcho, kick off and get another car, its highly unlikely they will cover charges for long, so may as well geta car, that will help your sis in the long run.

Mine is an A1 '12 plate Sportback and has the 99g of C02 ECU as my road tax says 'NIL' with the 105 BHP engine. :)

I can't find the actual Audi press release but the following would help track down a date for you....

http://www.worldcarfans.com/111062034315/audi-a1-16-tdi-becomes-more-efficient-for-uk-market (click open press release)

thanks guys, i think its time i kind of updated this!

So after my convo with Reading audi, the Used sales manager said there is 2 options, give money back for a car or just find another car which would take some time since its a rare package.. But there was a 3rd option which was a new car - now thats just gonna cost extra and he wasnt going to compensate? Had a massive arguement and got so ******, I wanted to see the Top guy at that branch and discuss his attitude to me (which stank)

After about an hour, i got a Call from Mike murphy (business area manager) who was a nice guy, apologised and spoke so calmly about the situation.. He invited me and my sister to go down for a chat to discuss this further..

After a week i popped down to reading where we discussed everything calmly. He couldnt find a replacement car used so the olu option was a brand spanker with some discount on it! So to cut it short we went for a new option. she paid around 16.5k originally on the car.. The new car consist of:

1. Acoustic parking system (rear only)
  2. Comfort package
  3. Door mirrors - heated and folding
  4. Electronic climate control
  5. Heated front seats
  6. Privacy glass
  7. Technology package
  8. Tyre pressure loss indicator
  9. 18" x 7.5 '7-twin spoke' design alloy wheels with 225/35 R18 tyres
  10. Xenon plus headlights
All for £2700. Audi heard about this and contributed £1000 so it would of been £3700! what you think?

Last edited:
Hi

A good outcome in the end, and I like the spec, but very annoying for you both. Difficult to stay calm in these situations as some sales people still treat customers as idiots and can't understand why we get cross when they won't listen.

Seen another example where a dealer sold the old model (no heated mirrors, aerial on roof), as a new model. In the end the car was replaced but a bit sneaky trying to sell it as the new model.

Sorry for the late reply, im usually on the 8L section but yes was soo annoying! But the business manager was a nice guy and settled everything for her - shame I don't have the same experience with audi with my S3! But she's loving the courtesy car they gave her - A5 cab 2.0 TFSi with the DSG! Jammy git!

I was told it was tax exempt too, i was originally buying a 12 model, which paid for... then got told it was taken by another dealership even though i was sold it when it was 'in the port'.
Ended up with a used model on a 61 plate and was assured it was the same spec and free tax and only realised it wasnt the week later...

Im not overly fussed as its only £20 but still... they should know what they are selling!

You should go back to the business manager of that branch and file a complaint. You can tell them about this thread and if you need any help mate, I'll be happy to tell them about my sisters story.

Just an update, the car has been delierverd! Looks lovely but I'm yet to inspect the paint etc. but my sister loves the car and the spec she's got, it's just perfect for her! If anyone ever has a problem with a mis sold vehicle from audi, then I hope this helps you. I don't mind helping you out either.

The law states that Audi have to offer a full refund and the expenses incurred. I had something similar and I got my insurance, tax, car cleaning products etc and loan interest refunded. This is the minimum they have to do.

BTW. The law that's applicable means people go to jail and fine for not complying. You don't need to argue your case, you just report it the trade body and they for the rest.