A1 S-line 185 Sun Visor Clip

Brad93

Reaction score
hi there, new member here.

My Mrs. has just purchased a 2011 A1 S-line 185 but it has a broken clip on the drivers side sun visor.

I think it’s black to match the interior.

Is it something I can change myself?

Anyone got a part number? I’ll nip down the Audi dealer in the morning and pick one up.

Took car down to Audi, lad in parts department changed the clip, grand total of £4.36

Reactions: 45bvtc
hi there, new member here.

My Mrs. has just purchased a 2011 A1 S-line 185 but it has a broken clip on the drivers side sun visor.

I think it’s black to match the interior.

Is it something I can change myself?

Anyone got a part number? I’ll nip down the Audi dealer in the morning and pick one up.

GREAT choice, cracking motor car... :yahoo:

Did you check in the sticky thread above?

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a1/a1/2011-708/8/857-857051/

Sunvisor

Reactions: Brad93
GREAT choice, cracking motor car... :yahoo:

Did you check in the sticky thread above?

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a1/a1/2011-708/8/857-857051/

View attachment 174307

No just seen that. Have bookmarked it :thumbs up:

On another note it seems we have an oil consumption issue. Car was ⅜ up the dipstick last week when we picked up, today, oil level warning came up. Done about 250 miles. Wasn’t even showing on the dipstick, just put a litre odd in and that’s got it to ¾ up the dipstick.

Fantastic :blue:

Reactions: 45bvtc
On another note it seems we have an oil consumption issue. Car was ⅜ up the dipstick last week when we picked up, today, oil level warning came up. Done about 250 miles. Wasn’t even showing on the dipstick, just put a litre odd in and that’s got it to ¾ up the dipstick.

You're NOT going to like this, but:

When this 185bhp twin-charge 'CAVE#####' engine was introduced (Audi/VW/Skoda) there followed reported issues of high oil consumption i.e., 1-litre/750-miles, that resulted in Audi UK/GmbH upgrading and/or replacing a number of engines under warranty.

Modifications were in the main were to piston rings and the crankcase breathing arrangement.

CAVE##### is the engine number, check your documents.

From my own investigations, Brad, most engines were either rectified or replaced. Ours was replaced with a complete new unit at 7900 miles and that due to high oil consumption.

The original 'CAVE#####' engine design and replaced in late 2012 by the 'CTHE#####' engine - which allegedly produced more power than published. The 'CTHE#####' engine was used in Audi A1 production from late 2012.

I respectfully suggest CHECK with your Audi dealer as they will have a full service history so ALL should be revealed.

PS: my engine uses zero oil between service!!

Last edited:
You're NOT going to like this, but:

When this 185bhp twin-charge 'CAVE#####' engine was introduced there followed reported issues of high oil consumption i.e., 1-litre/750-miles, that resulted in Audi UK/GmbH upgrading and/or replacing a number of engines under warranty. Modifications were in the main were to the crankcase breathing arrangement.

CAVE##### is the engine number, check your documents.

From my own investigations, Brad, most engines were either rectified or replaced. Ours was replaced with a complete new unit at 7900 miles and that due to high oil consumption.

The original 'CAVE#####' engine design and replaced in late 2012 by the 'CTHE#####' engine - which allegedly produced more power than published. The 'CTHE#####' engine was used in A1 production from late 2012.

I respectfully suggest CHECK with your Audi dealer as they will have a full service history and if computerised as here in the UK the ALL will be revealed.

PS: my engine uses zero oil between service!!

Yes I see there were a few people with new engines replaced under warranty.

I’ve just spoke with Audi UK and they say I need to go via a dealer. This car has only done 38,000 miles. Maybe that’s why, nobody could be bothered to keep putting oil in it.

I will ring our local dealer. Some people are reporting the breather mod worked.
2011 car so they’re not going to want to do anything free I expect.

Unfortunately we’ve bought it privately so no option of taking it back or anything like that.

Yes I see there were a few people with new engines replaced under warranty.

I’ve just spoke with Audi UK and they say I need to go via a dealer. This car has only done 38,000 miles. Maybe that’s why, nobody could be bothered to keep putting oil in it.

I will ring our local dealer. Some people are reporting the breather mod worked.
2011 car so they’re not going to want to do anything free I expect.

Unfortunately we’ve bought it privately so no option of taking it back or anything like that.

If you like the car than I'd not worry, just keep adding lubricant! Back in the 70s I'd have been happy running Lotus twin-cam engines with such oil consumption/loss figures.

If I can help further let me know...

If you like the car than I'd not worry, just keep adding lubricant! Back in the 70s I'd have been happy running Lotus twin-cam engines with such oil consumption/loss figures.

If I can help further let me know...
Will try and get the mods done through Audi. Perhaps they will do a good will if we cover 20% or something.

I want it to have a full service so maybe they can do it all at the same time.