A1 sat nav activation

mintex

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've not long bought an a1 that has sat nav but it not enabled, and i've just had a quote to have it done.

" To activate the sat nav on your vehicle, the parts and labour including the vat, is 575.00inc,
If you require any further information please e mail myself"

Trouble is don't think mine has the audi connect thing so from what ive read i would have to pay to update it at a later date to, not sure i want it doing now for that price :unhappy:

Checked at Crewe audi and they will do it for £412 so sod it i've booked it in to be done this saturday :)

Been and got it activated, a little expensive for a satnav but i'm glad i did. I went to crewe audi and the service was perfect, i'm definitely going back there , Me and my wife had a free audi coffee to lol

20150307_082453_zpscztdpamy.jpg

20150307_174231_zpsbsdwo8jz.jpg

20150307_174236_zpsw2wkhdhe.jpg

20150307_174243_zpsezlurqx4.jpg

A lot cheaper than the original quote, it pays to shop around. Coffee looks great ☺

Reactions: mintex
It does show it pays to ask around and how you can get a big price difference between 2 approved dealers.
Ive used the sat nav all weekend to find a bike shop, find a house where i bought a space saver spare wheel and few other places and it worked perfect :)

Yep, me. So much easier than trying to read a paper one
clear.png

Did you have SD card satnav, I've got satnav in my A3 with 2013 maps but would
Like to upgrade to 2016. The issue I have is mine is already activated and just need new 2016 maps to keep upto speed with new routes.

Why do I have to pay as thought it's not or never been activated so much money. Surely when new this service was activated at source by Audi who charged the original customer. I just want my maps updated without the extortionate costs

Mine was not activated when i bought the car so i had to pay to get mine activated and pay for the maps.
Yes mine is an sd card satnav and im wondering the same now , can we just get the updated maps and put them on a sd card and use them?

Did you have SD card satnav, I've got satnav in my A3 with 2013 maps but would
Like to upgrade to 2016. The issue I have is mine is already activated and just need new 2016 maps to keep upto speed with new routes.

Why do I have to pay as thought it's not or never been activated so much money. Surely when new this service was activated at source by Audi who charged the original customer. I just want my maps updated without the extortionate costs

You pay for the media (SD card and activation) to stop piracy and people just copying the SD card.

Even though your nav is activated, your paying for an upgraded map. Just inserting the SD card with 2016 maps will not work as you do not have 2016 activation on the nav unit. So it will not work.

At the end of the day Audi are just trying to make money and stop piracy. But activation of a new map should not be anywhere near as expensive as a virgin activation, you are looking at a couple of hundred quid, the same price as they used to charge for a sat nav DVD in the RNS-E.

Of course there are people offering ways around this (I'm NOT one of them) and you would do this at your own risk and can potentially brick your MMI.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I've just gone and bought a 2013 Audi A1 S line which has a stereo/multimedia system that has the Nav buttons in place but no Sat Nav enabled. It's a dual SD card stereo and the steering wheel has the Nav button on it. When I press the 'Nav' button the screen says the Sat Nav has not been enabled.

I've rang around about 10 dealers enquiring about getting it enabled and have been quoted various prices between £550 and £850! Why every dealer gives a completely different price is beyond me. Some charge £80 for the Maps and £500 labour, others charge £350 for maps and £300 labour. One charged £490 for the Maps and £90 for labour! Something smells off (and less than honest)! Surely there's a cheaper way to do it?

Here's my system by the way. :)

Audi 1 Audi 2

I’ve just bought a 2016 1.6TDi Sport and I’d very much like to know if it can be done cheaper as well!

In the same boat here - keen to hear if you got it sorted and how much it cost!

Might be worth aving a look through other sections off the site