A1 Stolen at Knifepoint

Loving Dad

Reaction score
Hello all. My lovely Young daughter has worked damn hard (2 jobs 6/7 days a week) to get her dream car and had her Audi for 6 months. Tuesday evening she was followed home by 3 car loads of blokes and while 2 cars blocked off the cul-de-sac 3 men in Balaclavas jumped her when she got out of her car and pulled a knife on her and took the key and stole her car. She is absolutely traumatised and is scared to go out on her own. The insurance co have said to her that she has to have the exact same car from Audi when settled. My daughter really really does not want the same car as she will feel nervous as hell and a sitting duck and as if she is in the same car/situation all the time. Now, ok if we have no choice but for her to have another A1, surely under these horrific circumstances they can give her another colour other than another white one! Anyone know if the insurers can insist on this? Thankyou all in advance of any help. The car is on finance by the way!

So sorry to hear of her horrendous ordeal and hope she can somehow get over it understanding it is not going to be easy, hope the scum who did it get caught.

So sorry to hear of her horrendous ordeal and hope she can somehow get over it understanding it is not going to be easy, hope the scum who did it get caught.
Thankyou. REALLY hope they don't force her to have another White car, she'll be a nervous wreck.

This is the first l've heard of such a theft on the forum.

Clearly a traumatic event for your daughter (and the rest of the family)

Sounds like a targeted theft, just glad she is (physically) OK.

With new car insurance (<1year old) it's normal to replace like with like.

Was it just a regular A1, or did it stand out from the crowd?

Whereabouts was this? Hope she's ok

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This is the first l've heard of such a theft on the forum.

Clearly a traumatic event for your daughter (and the rest of the family)

Sounds like a targeted theft, just glad she is (physically) OK.

With new car insurance (<1year old) it's normal to replace like with like.

Was it just a regular A1, or did it stand out from the crowd?
It was a normal (66 plate) A1 in White. She is desperate not to have another white one as she said it'll make her feel like she's back in the same car every time she gets in it and will be targeted again. Now WE know it probably won't happen again but it wasn't us pinned up against a car by men in balaclavas with a knife to our throat. This has REALLY affected her confidence and nerves and it seems pretty heartless to force her to have an identical car and make her re-live it time and again! Surely they could let her have a different colour as an act of kindness....

Reactions: RAF_S7
Sorry to hear about this, seems like car jacking is becoming quite a common thing around the midlands. Do you only have to option for a like for like replacement, or will the insurance co not offer you the value of the car in cash?

sorry to hear - surely when they like for like you can still pick your own colour??

Reactions: Scottyg
As above, I'm confident they'll allow a colour change, even if they charge her for the difference it's better than excepting a white one?
How's she doing? I want to kill the bast**d's!!! Any luck in the car being recovered?

So sorry to hear this!
I have been in the exact same situation and other situations due to my car! - And even managed to recover the vechile (when it first happened, don't worry, other theft was a completely misfortune at work) and felt exactly the same as your daughter - as I couldn't think about driving the same car ever again.

Putting things into a new perspective - Audi should really allow a colour change at least, management should be able to give customer satisfaction after such a tragic event and be completely understanding.

Nevertheless, chances are extremely slim for this to happen again. It is a psychological impact, think positively of how hard she has work to have the car she wanted and should concentrate on how brave, strong, experienced she is after this. It is very tough, and she will need support regardless for a while. Assure her it will all be ok, once she is back in an Audi A1 (if vechile change is a no go) she must tell herself she is the winner, a stronger person, that not many other people experience in a lifetime. Create new memories and even drive with a friend/s/family in the car until she feels comfortable.
Don't let the scum take away her dream/the car she wanted. She'll always be the better person.

I don't normally comment, but felt I had to - I hope she is well and believe she's got great support from you all.
Always here if she wanted a chat also! Just know she isnt alone.

Reactions: S3_TDI