A2 Owners at Audi-Sport

stuart_d

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-a2.co.uk
Hello,

I can see that in general, Audi-Sport.net contains some busy forums, but the A2 sections doesn't seem to get much use! Out of interest, how many A2 owners are there here but just don't use the A2 section?!

Stuart.

Strange, isn't it? This is one of the least-used forums...

Wierd really, because it's not as if Audi aren't selling A2s...

I'm not an A2 owner, but if we ever had kids I think this would be the car that we'd get (remapped, obviously /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) - there's no way we can get all the baby paraphanalia (sp?) in the boot of the S3 - we tried with Rebecca's niece - so perhaps we'd have to change to an A2 for Rebecca and an S4 for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:in the boot of the S3 - we tried with Rebecca's niece

[/ QUOTE ]

You are supposed to lash them to the rear seat, not store them in the boot - fool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Hmmmm as our resident A2 enthusiast, what do you suggest ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there A2 users on other forums that could be tempted across. If not we could rename our site to 75mpg-sport.net

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
You are supposed to lash them to the rear seat, not store them in the boot - fool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it was either that or the roof, but we didn't have the right ISOFIX attachments for that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Not sure about tempting them across...as it is my forum that you'be trying to tempt them from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif !

But I'll certainly try and get some forum sharing happening if I can...

Hi Stuart,

Just thought I'd register and say hello.

Kaine

Obviously this is the wrong place to start this, but a Bristol meet sounds cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Edit: I've just posted something along these lines in the Meets forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

welling following an a terrible accident in an audi work shop some months ago, & after many atempts to rectify damage to all 4 alloys, my local dealer has had my car for 4 whole days now - and guess what? I am driving round in a bright red 1.6 or 1.4? FSI A2! Not quite as good as what I am used too, but hey, that FSI engine is a puller! I am still not sure? is it a diesel or petrol?

Been blasting off all comers lately..

The FSI is a petrol...and if you think that's torquey, you should try a chipped diesel A2!

A joint meet isn't a bad idea...

The A2OC has had 3 meets this year and is having a very small get together in mid-December. But next year we could definitely try to do something all together.

The reason that there arn't may A2 posts is that there arn't many A2s. The A2 tech spec is brilliant, but, as I understand it, it was originally design was as a hybrid/dual fuel car. So it ended up too tall and too narrow and thus did not look quite right. I like it, and for technical attributes, I am considering buying one. I believe that it just don't appeal to the average Joe Public.
So you end up with a small user base.
Now this user base in probably in one of the following three catagories:
1. Old farts like me, and the wife, who love our VAG products.
2. Sad people who belive that owning an Audi is chic, even if it has a VW transmission system (A3 and TT included).
3. Wives who are given it as a shoping car.

Just thought I would add my bit! My Fiancee has a 2002 A2 TDi SE.

It is a brilliant little car, very economical and spacious for a little car.

I often try to take it out as much as possible at the weekends as a break from driving my A3.