A3 1.6TDI - Glow plug light flashing and engine management light on

RyanI98

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 65 reg Audi A3 1.6TDI with around 40,000 miles on the clock. The glow plug light is flashing and the engine management light has now come on. The Start/Stop system also has a fault and comes up with the following:

Automatic start/stop: system fault! Function unavailable

The garage done a diagnostics on it and they said that there is a DPF error showing on the computer.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has any advice on what to do?

Surely the garage who've already looked at it are best placed to answer your question ?!

Depends what the code is as to what to do next..... Is a soot loading issue? Differential pressure switch? Does it need a regen? Etc etc ....

What is the exact code you have?

It’ll be a sensor. I’ve had it on two of my A1 1.6tdi’s. Warranty job.

Two codes come up when the car was scanned and they're as follows:

P2458 - Particulate Filter Regeneration Duration Bank 1

P2463 - Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation Bank 1

The garage said to just remove the DPF but I'm not sure whether this would be the best solution?

It’ll be one of your exhaust gas sensors, I had a fault with the wiring a couple of months ago and sounds like what you describe

So guys im here to ask for help with my audi a3 2012 1.6 tdi can anyone help ive been having the same problem but mines a bit diffrent but i really dont understand ive had the egr replaceed. A couple months back and starting from a week ago the dash completely stopped working and yesterday i turned it on to take it to the garage and it started up again the dash so i was like no point going to garage and on my journey to work the coil light and engine management light popped up car lossed power had to push it a safe place does anyone know whats happening