A3 2.0 TDI 140 BKD Juddering 5th/6th Gears under load

a3sportback54

Reaction score
Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest what might be wrong...

I had my A3 remapped yesterday. Today I have noticed that every time I accelerate hard (foot flat) in either 5th or 6th gear the car shudders (feels like the wheels are spinning) between about 1600-1800rpm and then continues to accelerate as usual.

Thanks

Dual Mass Flywheel judder. You shouldn't be flooring it down at those engine speeds anyway really, remap or not, but the remap will exacerbate the problem. Leave 100% throttle acceleration till 2,000-2,200rpm or so and things should be okay :)

Thanks heeman10,

Is this something that should be expected with a remap?

Or is it due to the DMF or clutch being worn?

Cheers

The flywheels on some cars judder in standard form if they are driven at low revs and loaded up. Which remap do you have, out of interest? The dual mass flywheel is a ****** for this!

Its from AMD Essex.

I never had anything like this before the remap - except for when I'd choose a gear too high and the car would judder, but this is different as it begins to accelerate, then judders, then continues to accelerate...

If you search the net you'll find a lot of similar stories matey. It should be fine if you don't use much more than 50% torque until you're happily clear of 2,000rpm. It's not kind on an engine to load it up at low revs anyway, without having the added problem of the DMF thrown in.