A3 2.0 TDI 2013 Turbocharger swap

Sve

Reaction score
Please do not troll me, I know this might be a dumb question to most of you. I tried searching the forum before posting, but couldn't find anything.

I am after a remap of my 2013 A3 TDi 150ps, however before that I wonder if I could swap my current turbocharger with the one from the next year A3s - 2014 which is 184ps and then do the remap. Is this possible and would it require any additional modifications done to the car ? Also, I have the 6spd manual transmission if this is relevant to the swap/remap

I had read the 184 also has bigger injectors. Not sure if you could get fueling issues.
My 2016, 6 speed manual 150 is remapped to 190 and is not too bad. Still feels a bit slow on pickup though but fine when it gets going.
My old Skoda 170 is remapped to 205 and is very responsive as soon as you touch the throttle, it just wants to go, like a hooligan. The A3 feels a bit more laggy.

Reactions: Sve
I had read the 184 also has bigger injectors. Not sure if you could get fueling issues.
My 2016, 6 speed manual 150 is remapped to 190 and is not too bad. Still feels a bit slow on pickup though but fine when it gets going.
My old Skoda 170 is remapped to 205 and is very responsive as soon as you touch the throttle, it just wants to go, like a hooligan. The A3 feels a bit more laggy.
Thank you very much for the response. I have discussed with people and it seems that this is the only difference between the two engines - the injectors are bigger and the turbocharger as well.