A3 2.0T S line vs MK5 Golf again, but with 18" rims also edition 30 vs S line.

audismart

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE CAR YOU DRIVE.
Reaction score
Looked everywhere to find a thread on the s line 2.0t against the gti with 18" inch rims.
Every thread bangs on about how good the GTI handling is with 17s but not with 18s which the S line has and also the handling and feel of the GTI edition must be the same as the Audi S line, so makes the Audi A3 2.0T S Line the better car than an ed30 surely?????????

Audi a3 s line is better in my eyes than a vw golf gti, but and edition 30 is the vw equvelant to the S3 but less power etc.

Gti and A3 have K03 turbos, Edition 30 and S3 have K04.

Yeah I understand the the engine internals are different too but is the handling set up the same as the S3 on the S Line?

Ummm i cant be 100% if the set up is different but my S3 seems to be stiffer & handle better than my lowerd on springs quattro S Line.

Am i right in saying s line only has ESP where my S3 has esp and asr??? That might make abit off difference.

I have also had a mk5 golf gt tdi and an A3 s line tdi quattro and the A3 handled far better!!

Audi a3 s line is better in my eyes than a vw golf gti, but and edition 30 is the vw equvelant to the S3 but less power etc.

Gti and A3 have K03 turbos, Edition 30 and S3 have K04.

Does the 170 quattro have a k03 or k04 turbo?

Think so not seen any reference to asr in my handbook or any research on my car yet. Must be something to do with wheel slip as you would get more of that on a four wheel drive.

WOW talk about go off topic.
Audi A3 2.0T S line same handling as Gol GTI ED30???????
Looked everywhere to find a thread on the s line 2.0t against the gti with 18" inch rims.
Every thread bangs on about how good the GTI handling is with 17s but not with 18s which the S line has and also the handling and feel of the GTI edition must be the same as the Audi S line, so makes the Audi A3 2.0T S Line the better car than an ed30 surely?????????

Hahah well my mate got an edition 30 with anti roll bars polly bushed etc and just been talking to him and he reckons the quattro system will out handle his car when i took him out in the S3?

Haha well put it this way its DSG as he only has 1 leg and omg hes a good driver no fear at all.