A3 2004 Radio Removal

mx19

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post. I have recently bought my first car, it’s an A3 2004 (54 plate) 2.0tdi 8p1. When I got the car it stank of smoke, was filthy inside and out therefore I decided to clean it. I removed the front seats and hoovered everything, used a carpet cleaner to clean all the material - seats, carpets etc and thought at the time it would be a good idea to disconnect the battery as I was unplugging the electrics from the seats. I realise now this was not necessary but due to doing this my radio has stopped working. I have read up on it and it is not a SAFE issue and I have checked all fuses in the side of the dashboard and in the engine bay and they are all fine. I am therefore assuming it is the fuse located in the radio itself but the mechanism to remove the radio is broken, I’m assuming by a previous owner doing something wrong. I have had this confirmed by a person who fits radios. Is there any way to remove the radio?

Cheers

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Post in the a3 8p section of the forum. Enjoy the forum :) x