A3 2010 Reverse switch + rear window fault

wz_95

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I need some help with an issue I’ve been having for a few weeks now. I’ve been to two garages who have said it’s an electrical fault they can’t fix and to go to Audi.
A few months ago the rear window started playing up and was intermittent when trying to operate it as well as the reverse lights and sensors. It got to a point where I’d have to engage reverse a few times and the lights and sensors would work. I changed the reverse switch and it worked for a few days and was faulty again, now it’s completely gone along with the rear window (behind drivers seat).
I have checked with a VCDS and it doesn’t recognise when I engage reverse. I’ve ordered a new window motor but don’t know if this is related to the reverse lights issue.
Any help would be really appreciated. It’s an A3 2010 Manual .
Thanks

Last edited:
Check the wires in the drivers side door shut for he rear window issue. Have a search on here as it's a common fault.

Reactions: wz_95
Check the wires in the drivers side door shut for he rear window issue. Have a search on here as it's a common fault.
Thanks, sure enough it turned out to be a split wire. Repaired it and it’s all working again!
Any ideas on what to do for the reverse lights and sensors ?

The rear wash wiper tends to leak. That might've something to do with your rear issues. Have a search on here as it's a common fault as well.

The rear wash wiper tends to leak. That might've something to do with your rear issues. Have a search on here as it's a common fault as well.
Yep I literally resolved that issue a few weeks ago. Had to change the rear wiper motor too.
This weekend I tested the reverse switch with a multimeter and both the wires (that go to the fuse box and BCM) for continuity and it all checked out. However when I put it in reverse the VCDS still doesn’t pick this up (when checking measuring blocks). Any ideas ? Thanks a lot.