A3 3.2 V6 R-Tech Remap Progress thread.

Nutkin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I wanted to start a progress thread as R-Tech are using my car as a test bed for the MK5 chassis R32 engine.

Niki is a great tuner and I have followed his work with the turbo engines with much interest as he tunes Mylos Octavia and a whole load of my friends cars getting fantastic results. After seeing the gains on a friends MK4 R32 I convinced him to have a go at the Mk5 style in my 04 Plate 3.2 A3.

We started the way Niki starts every map, a full health check and a good look around the car to make sure everything was ok and in its place good for the remaping.

1098143_666550602023_636425743_n.jpg

We had a few troubles reading the map off the car but eventually got it out, decoded and unpacked.

A quick run on the dyno saw a stock figure of 235.086BHP and 236lb/ft, I thought this seemed a little low for a 246bhp car but taking into account dyno magic weather etc etc. I guess its only 10bhp off less than 5%. The real fun comes in the gains on top.

We ran out of time towards the end of the day with Niki doing just a base map to raise the rev range and a few little tweaks and we ended up with 254.243BHP and 256lb/ft of torque. So about a 20 bhp and 20 lb.ft torque gain with more to come.

1147478_666827067983_1404131779_o.jpg

We did notice however a restriction in the power band that is not always there between 5800 and 6800 rpm there is something limiting power. So that is our first thing to try and find out and either code it out or replace whatever parts are limiting the power.

For now though the car is a lot more lively and just a tad more responsive. The higher rev limiter is a lot of fun too sounds absolutely gorgeous.

I shall be updating this as we go, but for now the 20bhp gain is a good chunk extra for a N/a engine. Remembering my car is bog standard with only a cone filter added by Niki to aid air intake.

I shall keep this thread updated for anyone interested in whether mapping a N/a engine is worth it or not. But for now with 20 extra bhp to play with, I am happy I did it!

Nutkin

Reactions: JudderMan and autolatry
Was there fan on creating the road driving experience with full cold air hitting the air intake ? As ive seen r32's make 250-255bhp before map and 278bhp is the best result with forge twintake and milltek

Was there fan on creating the road driving experience with full cold air hitting the air intake ? As ive seen r32's make 250-255bhp before map and 278bhp is the best result with forge twintake and milltek

Dynos are never an exact science, certain rollers are well known for being very complimentary ! For me it is just for a before and after gain . But just there was a fan on at the front with a direct air feed

Your after market air intake could be letting it down possible ? The 3.2 engine is wicked bang a turbo kit on it lol

Id say stock exhaust is what is restricting it if you already have uprated the intake.

Reactions: Nutkin and TDI140
Your after market air intake could be letting it down possible ? The 3.2 engine is wicked bang a turbo kit on it lol

The air intake was a pipercross one that R-tech recommend with proven gains, ill see if we can do a back to back next time :)