A3 3.2q DSG Performance

Audilicious

Reaction score
whats up all, i live in salt lake city, there seems to be a shortage of performance upgrades for my audi. i cannot seem to find/ locate any dealers who have upgrades for this car. i am looking for some bolt on aplications for enhanced speed and overall performance.

any help would be nice thanks

Ryan, SLC utah
A3 3.2q Brialliant Red

Sadly, there is very little in the way of bolt-on performance for the 3.2. Beyond a replacement air filter (BMC), exhaust (Millltek), engine and tranny mounts (VF-Engineering) and software from Revo (to be released...) there just iusn't anything.

Cams can be fitted, along with exhaust headers and sport cats, but I don't know who will provide you with the appropriate software in NA.

Your other option is to turn your car into an entirely different beast, with a Turbo upgrade from HPA. Their products have an outstanding reputation for quality and integration into The MkV 3.2 Q DSG platform. Expect factory-like quality, with 400hp, at a price of around 10,000 USD.

There is a wealth of info in the MkV R32 forum on www.vwvortex.com . While there, you may want to also look up the A3 (8P) forum.

thanks i have looked into that hpa systm before i just was trying not to spend that much, i only am looking for a little bit of an increase in performance. is your car the euro spec? and if so what is the gain from the halidex upgrade? does it allow for total front/rear power spliting?

Audilicious said:
and if so what is the gain from the halidex upgrade? does it allow for total front/rear power spliting?
Here's the Gen2 HPP thread on Fourtitude. It's a nice, long read!

We will probably see more upgrades for our 3.2Qs after the MKV R32s roll in North America. Everything Ben mentioned plus don't forget about rims/rubber. You could consider suspension upgrades as well.