A3 8L brake upgrade - quick question

Yes but £245...Jesus!

Brackets for £50, discs for £60, pads for £40, send me the rest as a donation.

i paid £100 for a set of s3 discs, calipers, pads and brackets, you can use your original calipers with the 312mm upgrade, just need a bracket to space the caliper out and the bigger disc

i paid £100 for a set of s3 discs, calipers, pads and brackets, you can use your original calipers with the 312mm upgrade, just need a bracket to space the caliper out and the bigger disc

Thanks! Was this from eBay? I can't see anything close to that sort of money. Will keep hunting as the standard brakes don't cut it.

Yes but £245...Jesus!

Brackets for £50, discs for £60, pads for £40, send me the rest as a donation.

What about calipers? Aren't those the pricey parts? Any tips on where else to look? Not seeing much on eBay. Thanks.

I noticed such an improvement with ebay cross drilled/ grooved vented discs (standard size) mintex pads, with standard calipers,

From here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mtec100

i would say you would only need more if you had 250bhp + maybe

Do you actually need calipers?

Hi 16Klappe. I want better stopping power and bigger discs as the standard ones seem quite weak and also look tiny/daft sitting behind 18" TTRS alloys. To achieve this I think I need the calipers or am I misinformed? Any help much appreciated.

You are misinformed.

If you are planning a 312mm upgrade you only need the discs, the calipers are the same as you currently have then use use the 312's carriers/adapters to mount the calipers and you can use your existing pads or any A3 fitment ones.

You only need to purchase the carriers, and the discs.