A3 8P 01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed

josh trindade

Reaction score
I had some errors on 2 flap engines, mechanical errors, however today I disassembled everything, cleaned both, one of the engines was good and the other had to be replaced. I put everything back in place, the AC works better than before (it just blew cold air before), now it’s blowing hot and cold only.

The problem is i want to run the basic settings of the HVAC to realign the flaps, and nothing happens, the values all appear N/A N/A N/A N/A ... I click ON / OFF / NEXT button on the software the climatronic turns on and off, nothing happens...

In conclusion, after changing the flap, the only error that now appears is to run the basic alignment settings, which I cannot.

What should i do?

01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100101
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 201
Mileage: 219706 km
Time Indication: 0

Look for the Q3 climate control retrofit where you will find how to do it , as it is explained in there if i remember

Reactions: josh trindade
Type in search (
Q3 Climate Control 8P Retrofit ) page 5 read through

Basic setting 001, if it doesn't allow, disconnect the battery & leave for 10 minutes.

Failing that, manually test all buttons & airflow on the climate so it sees these functioning, then do a basic setting.

Reactions: josh trindade
Will test that tomorrow, disconnecting the battery maybe its the only thing i didn't try yet.
I already ran all internet and tried a lot of things, with no luck, this climatronic now has the ECON light always ON, my previous mechanic changed my other climatronic when i bought the car cause of that issue telling it was broken, and he got the air con to work on cold, but the issue was never from the climatronic, because after changing the flap and cleaning the other one i got the air con to blow cold and hot air now, and today i switched back the climatronic console to check if the old was broken, and its working the same way as this one, with the ECON light always on... I even tried another fan, thinking it could be the module, but no luck.

Basically there is only one error that is the error:

01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent

When i try to run the basic settings nothing happens, i click on off i start to hear some flaps, but the fields never change from N/A N/A N/A N/A, and after 5 seconds the flaps just stop, let me try that tomorrow, thanks