a3 8p aftermarket wiring loom bose problem

BirtDirk

Reaction score
hi all, i have an audi a3 8p with a bose sound system integrated, now i have a pioneer double din stereo and the necessary cables but when its hooked up and the blue and white amp live is connected to the standard pioneer loom the car starts i hear engine noise through the speakers and when i rev it the speaker noise increases tone like its in harmony with the engine, here is a pic to show you.

any ideas??

Screen Shot 2018 04 07 at 095938

I Had a similar noise on my A3 8L. I had to hard wire the speakers in the rear straight to the head unit. That cured it for me.

thanks! did you bypass the bose amplifier?

No I left that connected to the original loom. The way mine worked was the audio signal for the rear speakers fed into the amp that was built into the sub in the boot. Then fed out to the speakers. So all I did was disconnect the 4 wires coming out of the amp to the speakers and run my own wires direct to the head unit.

No I left that connected to the original loom. The way mine worked was the audio signal for the rear speakers fed into the amp that was built into the sub in the boot. Then fed out to the speakers. So all I did was disconnect the 4 wires coming out of the amp to the speakers and run my own wires direct to the head unit.

have you got a picture please?