A3 8P factory zenon/hid upgrade?

xyy81t

Reaction score
Hi All,

New poster here but been around soaking up knowledge as and when needed. I have two A3s, one 3.2 which I want to do up and keep, and a perfectly fine running donor 2.0TDI with alot of factory extras. that has better body work to improve the 3.2 and then sell or keep and use as a daily until It runs into the ground.

Part of the plan is to swap over the front ends (wings, bumper, bonnet and one front door) but the diesel has HIDs which I don't need to keep or particularly want to (LED bulbs are better these days) but i would lose the washers from the bumper as I do need to swap that. So an HID upgrade is required for the 3.2 or I buy a set of halogen lights and convert the Diesel to Halogen.

What would you suggest? which is the easier route? Is it worth trying to keep the HIDs and put them on the 3.2?

Attachments

• PXL_20211016_140631615.jpg
    PXL_20211016_140631615.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 80
1st think about the running costs as rises in car tax & levies eg ulez schemes etc, before deciding which car to keep.

Hids are going to be better than halogen or led as the light dispersion is better & leds in normal lenses are awful imho & would possibly get constant people flashing headlights at you.

Whichever car you choose, use factory xenons.

If you need an installer, WhatsApp me.

Thanks, The 3.2 is the keeper.

So to upgrade to the HIDs is it as simple as swap the headlights, add the washer bottle pump etc, swap headlight switch, change some coding (I have OBD 11) and thats it? or is there more?

Wiring, coding, modules, its not pnp

******, so to go the other way and put Halogen into the Diesel is that just as complex?

Your 3.2 has xenon’s already doesn’t it so why swap?

the lights on your tdi look like aftermarket copies.

Your 3.2 has xenon’s already doesn’t it so why swap?

the lights on your tdi look like aftermarket copies.
Other way round buddy, 3.2 is in the front but yes aftermarket crappo jobbies. I need to swap as want the bumper from the TDI to go onto the 3.2 (you can't tell in the photo but paint is bad on the 3.2)