A3 8p fog lights?

aqxl109

Reaction score
Is there way to make fog lights to light up when stearing left or right with vag-com?

like the new mk6 vw golf and the merc's i take it i think it looks good someone will be along soon to advise you

I hope so.I saw it on my friend's skoda superb and i like it

I'm guessing it will be a function on the newer central electronics module & convenience module so I'm sure it wont be a simple mod.

only the one comes on so it turns on the way your going like the merc's do so if your turning right the right one comes on and vice versa

I've never understood this on new Merc's and stuff

I personally, think it looks ****

My father have Skoda Octavia II 4x4 and so far almost everything that i read and work for audi works on skoda and almost everythings that read and work for skoda works for audi so i've found this : Enabling Cornering Light Function | Octavia-VRS.com
and i'll try it soon.But i'm open for more suggestions.If some one have a free time can check will this work on audi a3 8p.

I've never understood this on new Merc's and stuff

I personally, think it looks ****

Fortunately I have never actually seen this pathetic innovation.

Whoever decided to make it available needs their head looking at, as does anyone who wants it in my opinion !

Can somebody please tell me what possible use it could be ?

Must be so confusing for other road users too.
If I had someone driving behind me on a twisty road at night and in my rear view mirror I kept seeing their left and right fog lights flashing randomly, I'd think I was being tailed by a UFO, panic, and crash into a tree.

Whoever decided to make it available needs their head looking at, as does anyone who wants it in my opinion !

The only use i can think for it, is so that us poor soles who have to try and guess where a Mercedes is going next have some sort of clue when they don't use their indicators

The only use i can think for it, is so that us poor soles who have to try and guess where a Mercedes is going next have some sort of clue when they don't use their indicators

Ha Ha lol !!!! :laugh::laugh:

Still ******** if you're following them though !!! :crying:

It's working only anfter bigger angle of the steering wheel

I've search for byte 23 and i don't have it.any suggestions?

merc's have been doing it for a few years do you drive round with your eyes shut lol loads of cars do it nowadays vw's merc's even dam renaults do it

merc's have been doing it for a few years do you drive round with your eyes shut lol loads of cars do it nowadays vw's merc's even dam renaults do it

Seriously - I have never noticed it - and come to think of it I would be interested to hear in what circumstances another driver can actually notice it. Generally speaking, if I see a car with one foglight on I assume the other bulb has blown !

Presumably they only work at night ? I thought it was actually illegal to drive with an odd number of lights showing on the front of a vehicle ? Obviously bulbs blow and, whilst technically breaking the law, I'm sure the cops generally turn a blind eye.

However a car with a specific feature to turn on one light at the front (at night?) is surely a different kettle of fish ?

they are suposed to light the way as merc say so if your going round a corner they light the edge of the road etc... dont know on the legality of them but they are on brand new cars so they have to be legal otherwise they would be aloud to fit them on new cars

I can't see the point when you have two perfectly good headlights. It's bad enough that people drive around with foglights on when it's not foggy or when there's just a little bit of mist.

I don't see peoples issue with it, its a good idea, my girlfriends brand new kia pro Ceed does it, they come on when cornering and fade out when the wheel is straight. Why would you not want to see the road better when cornering especially with the amount of potholes about!