A3 8P Headunit and Speakers

Crisis

Reaction score
Right,

Got myself a Single DIN HU (from last car)
Getting the Fascia Adapter (classified on here)

How do I get the old unit out, wire up etc. Anything I should know? Can't find a guide on here.

Also:

Speakers, what Alpine components would be a simple direct swap?

Thanks

Dude - if that's your car in your signature, its not a Sportback...

the car in his sig is a photoshop and I posted it up weeks ago :p

What type of alpine components are you thinking about?

Audi concert uses Blaupunkt speakers which in my opinion for a standard system is very good - I upgraded though to focal kp2 6.5" components so if you are definately wanting alpine I hope you are opting for Type x or F1's and a decent amp to power them!

Okay, maybe I'll leave them STD then. Im throwing in an Alpine 9833 headunit 4x60W.

It is indeed a photochop, but a nice one at that! Any basic recommendations?

ICE upgrades in general. Sounds like the speakers should be left alone. I've got my Alpine 9833 going in.

Anything else that should be done?

depends what you want from your music -I completely changed my whole system and put in top end focal components, diamond D6 10" sub, audiocontrol EQL and 2 genesis amps along with the becker head unit

to say the sound quality is awesome is an understatement! its un-fecking-believable!

but i have been messing around with sound systems for 6years now so I am always after quality and stock systems just do not do it for me (even though the A3 one is the best ive heard in a standard car)

I would definately get a phone kit in the car anyway as there is no excuse these days not to have one

You are going to need to supply an ignition switched supply to the HU and the stock system is power up by a CAN-BUS command when the ignition is switched on. The stock loom will only have a perminant power feed and earth connection.

Paul

I have myself a phone kit.
I've found the existing unit is quite good but without MP3 compatability the CD collection in car is rather excessive.

I'll try the Alpine, see if its worth keeping I suppose.

So with the Fascia on its way I've found:

Stock is 4 x 20W + 40W Amp

So now I'm going to be:

4 x 60W + 40W Amp

Where is the "Active Amp" cause I'm sure its going to be a bit underpowered now with the Alpine CDA-9833R.

Otherwise: Which Audi HU plays MP3s?

Anyone have a guide on fitting a headunit in the 8P?

Or anyone know if a stock Audi unit will directly replace and play MP3/WMV CDs?