A3 8p rear speaker/trim removal?

ryanmorton007

Reaction score
Does anybody have the know how to remove the rear panel (a3 8p 3 door) to access the rear speakers?

They'e just clipped in. You will probably brake the grills taking them out if you don't remove cards as they're in tight. But worth a try as the rear cards are a mission to remove/refit

Or did you mean the whole door card/trim not just speaker grill.. /\ good guide above

Cheers guys. Im wanting to upgrade the system and also wondered if its possibe to tap the rear speakers to run some subtle 6x9's ???
(Think my rear ones are powered by the tiny amp in the rear stock sub box..??? "Non bose")

Cheers guys. Im wanting to upgrade the system and also wondered if its possibe to tap the rear speakers to run some subtle 6x9's ???
(Think my rear ones are powered by the tiny amp in the rear stock sub box..??? "Non bose")

Ultimately depends on what your heading towards
What head unit are you using?

I would get rid of the standard audi wiring if you have after market and wire straight to the head unit..

Well I wanted to just "pop in" some 6x9's haha...
It's a stock a3 tdi sport with a stock head unit and rear sub.
Just thought of tapping in to the rear speakers to run some 6x9's but didn't know if it would cut the tiny amp out as I think the rear speakers are run from it...?

You wouldn't be able to 'pop in' 6x9's

You would have to customise for that! You'll need adapter plates if you want to fit aftermarket standard size! You'll also need a wiring adapter on back of head unit

Sorry, mis led you there,
I meant I want to fit some 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf and tap in to the wiring that powers the rear quarter panel speakers.
(Not replace the rear speakers with 6x9's)
Sorry...

Your better off replacing the front and rear speakers with some decent aftermarket! Hertz provide rich sound and are reasonably priced!