A3 8P rear speakers???

Hendy98

Reaction score
Right, so i've recently just bought a 2008 A3 8p and have had a Pioneer sph-da120 stereo fitted. Everything was fine until i turned the music on, there was no volume whatsoever coming from the rear speakers. I then decided to call the people that fitted it to see what was the issue. They said i had no rear speakers whatsoever, i argued the fact that i could literally see the speaker covers at either sides of the rear of my car. Apparently the covers were there yet no actual speakers were.

Now naturally after being made aware of the issue i can't help but notice it.

Because i am new to the whole modifying car scene i am completely unaware of what rear speakers etc I'm going to need in order to get a crisp sound and was wondering if any member would be able to point me in the right direction of what speakers work well with this unit?? and what components I'm gonna need to fit it as i quite fancy having a go at it myself.

Sorry for the irritating amateur question haha

Yes no speakers but there are covers/grills, you've been well and truly "De-speakered" by Audi,
I guess you have an SE or Sport model as some of these only have the fronts. You could easily run cables direct from the Pioneer HU & fit some new speakers in the rear. There are plenty of knowledgeable peeps on ASN who can help you out. Try a post on the ICE forum as well.

Yes no speakers but there are covers/grills, you've been well and truly "De-speakered" by Audi,
I guess you have an SE or Sport model as some of these only have the fronts. You could easily run cables direct from the Pioneer HU & fit some new speakers in the rear. There are plenty of knowledgeable peeps on ASN who can help you out. Try a post on the ICE forum as well.
Yeah, easiest way to check this is to pull the left panel out of the boot and check how many cables run to the amp.
By the sounds of it you don't have speakers though.