A3 8P Speaker info please?

bigc

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an A3 8P (2003 onwards) 3 door model and I've searched all over to find info on the standard ICE with little avail.

Can someone please tell me if speaker adapters are available to fit different speakers? (please post a link if possible). Also what size speakers can I get away with?

I also have the Symphony II deck, what adapter cable do I need to obtain RCA preouts to feed a sub and seperate amp? (one set will do as a min).

Many Thanks for all your help.

C

Thanks for the reply but I can't see any speaker adapters on that site... (Or any other for that matter)

If anyone has replaced speakers in their 8P (2003 onwards) 3 door non Bose A3 please let me know how you got on.

Many Thanks,

C

You can pick up the RCA's (pre-outs) and remote on for the amp from the connector that feeds the A3 8P sub. I don't have the pin outs unfortunately but all the feeds are there. Just cut the end off an RCA lead , strip them and use mini spade terminals in order to plug into the Audi sub connector without cutting any wiring.
Doubt there are any speaker adapters available. If the speakers in the 8P are anything like the B7 A4 then you'll need to make your own from 18mm MDF.
Pull the door card and take a photo and post it on here.

bigc

I went to one of my local car audio places with my S3 and they would not touch it saying it was a nightmare to do!

I was hoping to replace the speakers and sub as I don't have BOSE either and was wanting better sound.

Thanks for all the help. Sounds like this ain't going to be easy. :banghead:

If I find out anything (or decide to take the panels off) I'll post here.

C