A3 8V 1.8TFSI Quattro Resonator delete

Jake Baxter

Reaction score
Is it possible, how much and does it actually make alot of difference?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Someone's on here I believe. I also think they put one back on as it was too much of a drone noise. Don't quote me though..

Did you get round to doing this mate? Was considering it for mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi David, I did it. Doesnt make a huge difference, from outside and behind the car it sound meatier. But inside not alot. DIY'd my own, cost 60 quid as I've got a mate in the business
a36d41edb72264f7634c760d14c39fab.jpg

Reactions: David McQueen
Hi David, I did it. Doesnt make a huge difference, from outside and behind the car it sound meatier. But inside not alot. DIY'd my own, cost 60 quid as I've got a mate in the business
a36d41edb72264f7634c760d14c39fab.jpg

On that note a think al just leave it as would have to re-do it again when trading the car back in for an s3 when the time comes. Was just looking for that extra bit of sound, did consider a remap or tuning box also to make it a little quicker bit on regards to warranty and stuff hardly worth it for the extra 20bhp, thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did consider a remap or tuning box also to make it a little quicker bit on regards to warranty and stuff hardly worth it for the extra 20bhp, thanks for the response!

Would you not get more out of a remap? I was thinking my 1.8tfsi done later this month.

I have a 1.8TFSI Quattro, mapped to 240bhp, 380NM with an induction kit currently and looking to get either a resonator delete or smaller one put in but unsure of what to go for. I do a fair amount of motorway driving and don't want it to drone when cruising around 70mph. Would a delete do this and still sound good or would an aftermarket resonator be better? Any videos of either would be great. Thanks!

I have a 1.8TFSI Quattro, mapped to 240bhp, 380NM with an induction kit currently and looking to get either a resonator delete or smaller one put in but unsure of what to go for. I do a fair amount of motorway driving and don't want it to drone when cruising around 70mph. Would a delete do this and still sound good or would an aftermarket resonator be better? Any videos of either would be great. Thanks!
Have you had any problems since the remap ? Thinking of getting my manual 1.8 remapped but worries about blowing the turbo and ruining the clutch, feel like the 1.8 is a bit flat apart from 1st and 2nd gear which is not too bad to 60mph but rest of the speed in other gears is quite poor, accelarator pedal needs to be put to the floor to get any decent power out it aswell

Have you had any problems since the remap ? Thinking of getting my manual 1.8 remapped but worries about blowing the turbo and ruining the clutch, feel like the 1.8 is a bit flat apart from 1st and 2nd gear which is not too bad to 60mph but rest of the speed in other gears is quite poor, accelarator pedal needs to be put to the floor to get any decent power out it aswell
I would definitely recommend it! I have the 6 speed s-tronic quattro which in standard form is not a slouch of the line really. But it does lack some pull. BUT with a remap, it completely transform the drive-ability. The car pulls a lot better through all the gears. I had mine dyno'd at 190BHP prior to the map possibly due to an induction kit, but made 240bhp after, and went from 250NM to 380NM. The torque increase is the biggest bit though, makes so much of a different on a motorway or already moving, drop it a gear and it will pull excellently from about 3000rpm. I've had it done about 6 months now and not had a single issue with it and it has been put through its paces a fair bit. Not sure about having the manual and what not but should be good, as long as you don't just constantly dump the clutch. The 1.8 shares the same engine platform as the S3 being an MQB engine so most parts should be transferable if needed. I would say put a high flow panel filter in at least to let it pull air in a little better as well