A3 8v Bluetooth deactivated

dg-1984

Reaction score
I have just picked up an A3 sportback 64 plate.
And the Bluetooth and telephone function do not work.
I get Bluetooth deactivated warning and when I select activate it return saying Bluetooth function is not available.
I have scanned the car using vcds and getting this error.
IMG 20180716 182541 1984x1488

I have also went into the mmi and check software and the screen returns software version as UNDEF.
IMG 20180716 164735 1488x1984

IMG 20180716 165039 1488x1984

Does anyone know what the issue could be and also if I can update the software as under the update section I can select SD if I could get the download file to do it myself.
My car's got got the extended warranty and Audi want £60 for a diagnostic.

Thanks.

I have just picked up an A3 sportback 64 plate.
And the Bluetooth and telephone function do not work.
I get Bluetooth deactivated warning and when I select activate it return saying Bluetooth function is not available.
I have scanned the car using vcds and getting this error.
View attachment 160613

I have also went into the mmi and check software and the screen returns software version as UNDEF.
View attachment 160614
View attachment 160615

Does anyone know what the issue could be and also if I can update the software as under the update section I can select SD if I could get the download file to do it myself.
My car's got got the extended warranty and Audi want £60 for a diagnostic.

Thanks.
If it has extended warranty why do they want money? It is simply not working, nothing else. So they should fix it.

Looks like a firmware crash, seen it before. Install the latest firmware from sd card and it will probably work again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

If it has extended warranty why do they want money? It is simply not working, nothing else. So they should fix it.

Looks like a firmware crash, seen it before. Install the latest firmware from sd card and it will probably work again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
Where can I get the firmware?

@DJAlix I have read a few posts that you have commented on and just wondering your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Only way to resolve this is to perform software version management, a process only the official dealership tool can perform. A firmware update is not gonna help. am Based in North London if you would like this sorting :)

Only way to resolve this is to perform software version management, a process only the official dealership tool can perform. A firmware update is not gonna help. am Based in North London if you would like this sorting :)
Not true. With a firmware update you can resolve this kind of problems. If that does not work, then a SVM would be another method.

Original VCDS Hex-net | VCP | Odis-S | Odis-E | A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Not true. With a firmware update you can resolve this kind of problems. If that does not work, then a SVM would be another method.

You mean via hacked firmware?

Are you a forum sponsor to be advertising your tools here?

You mean via hacked firmware?

Are you a forum sponsor to be advertising your tools here?
Who said hacked firmware? A weird response....

You are not the only one with knowledge about VAG and original tools. And do you need to be a forum sponsor to have a signature?

Who said hacked firmware? A weird response....

You are not the only one with knowledge about VAG and original tools. And do you need to be a forum sponsor to have a signature?

Applogies, thought this was in relation to a retrofitted unit, however firmware updates to not re-activate BT licences.

No, but we forum sponsors pay a fair amount of money to be able to advertise our tools and services.

Reactions: RJ-8V
Applogies, thought this was in relation to a retrofitted unit, however firmware updates to not re-activate BT licences.

No, but we forum sponsors pay a fair amount of money to be able to advertise our tools and services.
And that's why the sponsors can show their work (which is great) and aquire new projects. I don't.

I just share the knowledge that i have and help where i can. I'm not here to get new projects/clients...........don't even live in the UK haha.

And that's why the sponsors can show their work (which is great) and aquire new projects. I don't.

I just share the knowledge that i have and help where i can. I'm not here to get new projects/clients...........don't even live in the UK haha.

Great that you are sharing knowledge, honestly is, but I conduct business internationally and not just in the UK. Am gonna leave it there for the moment as this thread is not the place to discuss this subject.

Great that you are sharing knowledge, honestly is, but I conduct business internationally and not just in the UK. Am gonna leave it there for the moment as this thread is not the place to discuss this subject.
So am i......................but im not here to get work. Its already busy enough.

Sent me a PM if you want to discuss this.

Original VCDS Hex-net | VCP | Odis-S | A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Now i have just been reading this post and i am all in for sharing info if it helps someone safe a few pennies and on the other hand i am all in for guys who know there Sh*t and i expect them not to give away trade secrets as that would be just cutting there own throat but what i have noticed is that @DJAlix hss offered to fix for a fee and noticed @RJ-8V has mentioned it can be fixed by Firmware but i don't see this helping hand coming out to tell the OP where he can get this firmware from hence saving him money ( mind it might **** it even worse ) .
So being just a passerby to this post @RJ-8V it might be worth helping this guy out.

Now i have just been reading this post and i am all in for sharing info if it helps someone safe a few pennies and on the other hand i am all in for guys who know there Sh*t and i expect them not to give away trade secrets as that would be just cutting there own throat but what i have noticed is that @DJAlix hss offered to fix for a fee and noticed @RJ-8V has mentioned it can be fixed by Firmware but i don't see this helping hand coming out to tell the OP where he can get this firmware from hence saving him money ( mind it might **** it even worse ) .
So being just a passerby to this post @RJ-8V it might be worth helping this guy out.
You can buy the original firmware for around 35 euro's at the dealership. But what i would do is.......claim the warranty! No hazzle to fix it yourself

You can buy the original firmware for around 35 euro's at the dealership. But what i would do is.......claim the warranty! No hazzle to fix it yourself

Not trying to P on anyones chips but all good n well @RJ-8V telling the guy it is the firmware but what firmware is more to the point does he need as this would ne more off a helping hand and as your like me want to save him money now as i dont know and you do please share the firmware thanks.
I noticed it said in1 pic as ( undef ) now would that mean undefined by any chance

2014 vehicle so warranty most likely expired. SVM code / FeS post update works? Not something the average person can do even if Audi sell them an update card, which they won't as in the UK these can only be sourced by authorised parties.

OP please seek the services of a professional to resolve your issue as there is a lot that can go wrong here, which could end up costing you way more than an hour of any professionals time.

Reactions: ch1z64
Topicstarter said he has extended warranty

Topicstarter said he has extended warranty

Audi extended warranties hardly ever cover works related to MMI and entertainment systems, but if the small print say it does then of course he / she should take advantage of the cover they have, however the fact that Audi want a £60 diagnostic fee would suggest the former.

I would always try to claim the warranty. If they can help you then it would be great

What is involved with this, just wondering on what they will be doing and what sort of money could be involved.

What is involved with this, just wondering on what they will be doing and what sort of money could be involved.
"They" will connect to your vehicle with the official VW Group diagnostic tool and perform a procedure in order to restore your vehicles configurations. No idea what "they" might charge for these works but I would expect bill of just over £100 in the uk if a dealership completes the works.

Reactions: dg-1984
"They" will connect to your vehicle with the official VW Group diagnostic tool and perform a procedure in order to restore your vehicles configurations. No idea what "they" might charge for these works but I would expect bill of just over £100 in the uk if a dealership completes the works.
Thank you for the reply. They told me there will be a charge of £60 to look at it so hopefully nothing more needed.

Reactions: DJAlix