A3 8Y, S3 exhaust replacment

Reaction score
Hi can you get the S3 exhausts to fit the a3 without too much work? like will it replace the stupid side exit one then just need to get a new diffuser to fit or cut the original? or even get an after market on that will extend the original and both come out one on the fake knockouts? thanks

i suggest you to find an S3 diffuser or a maxton one if u can afford. Only consider that s3 difuser doesnt fit 100% on A3 S-line. Got mine an s3 diffuser and i know :)

Thanks! do you have a link to the diffuser? also any helpful pics?
Of course mate! This is what i’ve ordered.

There is one cheaper with chrome one, dont know what you are after :)

Diffuser clips fit like 95%. Only had to cut a bit of the back bumper from below so we can fit the corners of the diffuser behind back wheels. I can take some photos if u want to.

Reactions: jonnyturbofingaz
Why to cut? I didn't have to cut my diffuser.. But I ordered straight up from audi.. How many euros did you pay @DemWazie?

Of course mate! This is what i’ve ordered.

There is one cheaper with chrome one, dont know what you are after :)

Diffuser clips fit like 95%. Only had to cut a bit of the back bumper from below so we can fit the corners of the diffuser behind back wheels. I can take some photos if u want to.
thanks, just wondering what you have done about the exhausts? can you get fake ones and keep the original where it is or fit an s3/rs3 exhaust back to fit on the existing pipe?

thanks, just wondering what you have done about the exhausts? can you get fake ones and keep the original where it is or fit an s3/rs3 exhaust back to fit on the existing pipe?
If u have a custom made exhaust manufacturer u can keep sandar exhaust and fit you some pipes on it. But in my opinion better get a S3 exhaust back or a fully custom one in case you sell the car later or something.
Personaly i got a full custom exhaust - 70mm Downpipe / 63,5 rest of exhaust with 200cpi catalyt and catback to not have much noise due to my kids :) seems like this

Attachments

• EB8A4D4A-0F4B-4CB6-A225-36AD2D18FB9A.jpeg
    EB8A4D4A-0F4B-4CB6-A225-36AD2D18FB9A.jpeg
    613.2 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: jonnyturbofingaz
If u have a custom made exhaust manufacturer u can keep sandar exhaust and fit you some pipes on it. But in my opinion better get a S3 exhaust back or a fully custom one in case you sell the car later or something.
Personaly i got a full custom exhaust - 70mm Downpipe / 63,5 rest of exhaust with 200cpi catalyt and catback to not have much noise due to my kids :) seems like this
Where did you change your brakes calipers? how much did it cost??

I don't like the look of fake exhaust on my A3 S-Line and want to make it look like S3 version by changing the rear diffuser and exhaust with 4 tail pipes.

So I made some research and found the following options:

Diffuser:
  • Option 1 - in my opinion the best solution is to replace the rear diffuser from S3 as the guys mentioned above (part number 8Y5807521C). The only thing is not clear, whether it fit 100% bolt-on or require some modification. As I see, the experience of @CaptainKostaZ and @DemWazie are different :) Can someone re-confirm that it's fits 100% without need to cut the bumper on S-Line?
  • Option 2 - buy the diffuser from Maxton Design if someone like even more aggressive design (they have option with fake round pipes which I personally don't like, but ok).
Exhaust/rear muffler:
  • Option 1 - keep the stock one and modify it by adding 4 x pipe tips with help of local masters. The same sound, probably more
  • Option 2 - change the middle pipe with and rear muffler from eather Ragazzon or Supersprint (both Italian companies and claim that they have solution for A3). This option will give rich sound and nice look, but at the same time can be a bit loud. Also, I'm not sure if this option comply with local regulations.
  • Option 3 - change only the rear muffler with 4 pipe tips from Ragazzon or Supersprint to have good look and comfortable sound.
Personally I prefer option 3.

On top of this some questions:
1. Does anyone have experience with manufacturers of these exhausts (Ragazzon or Supersprint)? What is better in quality?
2. Will the warranty on the car remain when the rear exhaust is replaced or can the dealer have questions?
3. Does the replacement somehow affect performance or consumption?

Thanks!

Last edited: