A3 8Y Youtube Channel - For Current and Prospective Owners - CRD

Great video. Just one question. You state the camera for the sign recognition is behind the mirror . Has it gone from the top of the windscreen into the mirror housing like the 8v high beam assist only camera . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yep it's in the housing part that sticks to the windscreen. I've attached an image to help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_111441093.jpg
    IMG_20210531_111441093.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 116
Reactions: AdamInKent
Keyless entry and power tailgate + £250 goodwill gesture from Audi!

Reactions: Maddave
Keyless entry and power tailgate + £250 goodwill gesture from Audi!

Hi Auzzam - you can’t shut the boot on the sport back using the button inside the car - open only

one thing I would say is that with the powered tailgate on the sportback you can set the height so it doesn’t hit your garage etc

pull it to the height you want and then hold the close button on the boot for a few seconds and it will bleep and then it’s set at that height so next time you open it the bolt will stop at that height

Hi Auzzam - you can’t shut the boot on the sport back using the button inside the car - open only

one thing I would say is that with the powered tailgate on the sportback you can set the height so it doesn’t hit your garage etc

pull it to the height you want and then hold the close button on the boot for a few seconds and it will bleep and then it’s set at that height so next time you open it the bolt will stop at that height
Thanks bud, seems much more handy than the simple latch release on the saloon!

I also really like the little button on the inside of the sportback tailgate to close it.

Thanks bud, seems much more handy than the simple latch release on the saloon!

I also really like the little button on the inside of the sportback tailgate to close it.
Yes the button is very good - You can close it with foot swipe as well - It beeps at you to warn you it's closing - Shame it's no longer an option only vorsprung standard!!

The saloon electric tailgate is non existent. It’s just a popper really. Only the sportback has full on electric tailgate. I miss that. First saloon I’ve had and it’s one annoying thing. Audi do do this. The A8 has the full electric tailgate. Button to close on the boot lid etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The saloon electric tailgate is non existent. It’s just a popper really. Only the sportback has full on electric tailgate. I miss that. First saloon I’ve had and it’s one annoying thing. Audi do do this. The A8 has the full electric tailgate. Button to close on the boot lid etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, never expected it to have it - but that didn't stop me pulling Audi's leg over it :)

One day they'll learn not to be lazy with their website.

Hi boys and girls,

I thought I would open up a thread here to start posting some of the videos I have been filming with my A3. You may remember I posted a video a while back around the missing electric seats.

My channel is aimed at helping current as well as prospect A3 owners so shows some of the optional extras that can be spec'd up and whether or not they are worth it.

Anyway here is the link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCticDHmMa6o_mOh6aDamPKw

Hope you you find it useful, please to consider liking and subscribing!

I will keep on updating this thread with upcoming videos, but for now I've pasted in some of the most useful videos:

1,000 Mile Review:

Sportback vs Saloon:

Sline vs Edition 1:

A3 8V vs A3 8Y:

Matrix Headlights Demonstration:

Panoramic Sunroof Demonstration:

Hi
How do I go about guaranteeing the delivery of either a AAWireless or Carsifi adapter because from the indiegogo website it appears as though any intended purchase could be taken as a donation and not a guaranteed purchase, have I understood that correctly?

If so, how can I go about guaranteeing a purchase of either device?

So it will act towards a purchase and they will ship in the next batch.

If it's the carsifi you're after, I'm just about to list mine for sale. I've now got a different head unit in the car and no longer need it.

I'm based in the UK though which may or may not be convenient based on where you are.

So it will act towards a purchase and they will ship in the next batch.

If it's the carsifi you're after, I'm just about to list mine for sale. I've now got a different head unit in the car and no longer need it.

I'm based in the UK though which may or may not be convenient based on where you are.
Thanks for coming back to me.

I'm based in the Midlands so will happily take it off your hands but if not then will order one via indiegogo and as you advise, await for an item from whatever batch my purchase coincides with.

It honestly read like it wasn't a guarantee I'll get one so that made me dubious to buy one.

Reactions: auzzam_crd
I just wanted to say a big thank you for sharing your A3 YouTube channel with us. It's always great to come across channels dedicated to helping fellow car owners and enthusiasts. I'm particularly interested in your videos showcasing the optional extras for the A3 and whether they're worth it. As a current A3 owner, I'm always looking for insights and recommendations. I'll definitely check out your channel and consider liking and subscribing to stay updated on your content. Getting real YouTube subscribers can really boost your channel's visibility and engagement. As someone who's new on this forum, I'm thrilled to connect with like-minded individuals and support your passion for A3s.