A3 8Y Youtube Channel - For Current and Prospective Owners - CRD

auzzam_crd

Reaction score
Hi boys and girls,

I thought I would open up a thread here to start posting some of the videos I have been filming with my A3. You may remember I posted a video a while back around the missing electric seats.

My channel is aimed at helping current as well as prospect A3 owners so shows some of the optional extras that can be spec'd up and whether or not they are worth it.

Anyway here is the link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCticDHmMa6o_mOh6aDamPKw

Hope you you find it useful, please to consider liking and subscribing!

I will keep on updating this thread with upcoming videos, but for now I've pasted in some of the most useful videos:

1,000 Mile Review:

Sportback vs Saloon:

Sline vs Edition 1:

A3 8V vs A3 8Y:

Matrix Headlights Demonstration:

Panoramic Sunroof Demonstration:

Reactions: tonyp03, Brian Leslie, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Live tonight a POV tour through London and an update around the mysterious warning lights many of us are receiving:

There will be a live 30 min Q&A with the A3 community so join us at 7 if you can make it!

Apple Wireless Carplay Setup:

First thoughts on the A3 35tfsiE:

Comfort and Sound Pack Overview - a must have for any new owner:

Reactions: AdamInKent
Keep up the good work, I really find your video informative...assuming you will be keeping the car (after the warning lights galore)?

Reactions: auzzam_crd
Thanks buddy,

My booking for the recall software update was cancelled due to Covid and most of the staff being told to isolate.

I'm very happy with the car and truth be told - taking the warning lights away and putting the way Audi have dealt with things like the electric seats debacle to one side. It really is a nice car.

I'm often asked what would I buy instead of the A3, I genuinely still feel there is nothing else that comes close to my personal preference.

Will I be keeping it? Yep for now (cryptic I know lol, but you'll find out in the coming weeks) :)

Reactions: Moots and AdamInKent
Overview and Demonstration of the e £510 Upgrade - Lane Change Assistant with Exit Warning and Rear Cross Traffic Alert:

Apple Wireless Carplay Setup:

First thoughts on the A3 35tfsiE:

Comfort and Sound Pack Overview - a must have for any new owner:

Hi Auzzam - I believe you have the Edition 1 model that has the Virtual Cockpit Plus - Can you put up a picture or video of the Dynamic Dials that this has - The S3 doesn't get the Plus unless you go Vorsprung which I find strange if a 1.5T gets it but the sportier S3 doesn't

Thanks

Hi Auzzam - I believe you have the Edition 1 model that has the Virtual Cockpit Plus - Can you put up a picture or video of the Dynamic Dials that this has - The S3 doesn't get the Plus unless you go Vorsprung which I find strange if a 1.5T gets it but the sportier S3 doesn't

Thanks

Here you go bud - look at roughly 3 mins in:

I did read somewhere that maybe the proper dynamic (central S3 rev counter) was only available on the plus.

Personally I think it is stupid we cannot spec an upgraded virtual cockpit instead you are forced to the next trim (in your case the vorsprung) which is an extra £6-7k

Here you go bud - look at roughly 3 mins in:

I did read somewhere that maybe the proper dynamic (central S3 rev counter) was only available on the plus.

Personally I think it is stupid we cannot spec an upgraded virtual cockpit instead you are forced to the next trim (in your case the vorsprung) which is an extra £6-7k

Thanks very much - Not missing much on the Dynamic Unless the S3 version is different again - Still should be fitted as standard though especially as we don't have an Edition 1 S3 like Europe does

Not wanting to spoil this thread at all but I did a step by step video on all the settings on the new A3 infotainment system on my channel:

Not a lover of the 8y as most know but l think @auzzam_crd channel is improving and is entertaining loved the video of his Mrs driving/self parking vid very enretaining

Not wanting to spoil this thread at all but I did a step by step video on all the settings on the new A3 infotainment system on my channel:

Your a bit one dimensional "Tech in cars".....nobody buys a car on tech alone bar millenials

Reactions: 8YARWY
Your a bit one dimensional "Tech in cars".....nobody buys a car on tech alone bar millenials

Could always do a “check yer oil in cars”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06

To be fair I didn’t have an A3 2021 of my own. That was recorded in the dealer. So it’s not like I was able to review anything else.

But my other videos do include drives as well - M5 comp, Giulia QV etc

And the truth is despite my own complaints about Audi service and how to check the oil most people are more confused about the technology in the cars and have questions about that.

Specially as cars get more and more advanced.

Not a lover of the 8y as most know but l think @auzzam_crd channel is improving and is entertaining loved the video of his Mrs driving/self parking vid very enretaining

Thanks buddy, glad you're enjoying the content - that park assist is the most useless feature ever! I've never used it once for real (other than filming).

Imagine one day they remove parallel park from the driving test?

Reactions: NIKLDN and Moots
To be fair I didn’t have an A3 2021 of my own. That was recorded in the dealer. So it’s not like I was able to review anything else.

But my other videos do include drives as well - M5 comp, Giulia QV etc

And the truth is despite my own complaints about Audi service and how to check the oil most people are more confused about the technology in the cars and have questions about that.

Specially as cars get more and more advanced.

Too many part time “Reviewers” on You Tube these days, all pretty much saying the same thing, no wonder VW aren’t loaning the new Golf8R to anyone.

Too many part time “Reviewers” on You Tube these days, all pretty much saying the same thing, no wonder VW aren’t loaning the new Golf8R to anyone.

Technically most people are part time on YouTube and that is what makes it possible.

As for the Golf 8R - let us see. I will ask for it.

The head of business is the one who is giving me the cars so he might just let me take it when they have one.

Technically most people are part time on YouTube and that is what makes it possible.

As for the Golf 8R - let us see. I will ask for it.

The head of business is the one who is giving me the cars so he might just let me take it when they have one.
Vag themselves have pulled the plug on anyone reviewing the G8R why l don't know but....as we all know any youtuber getting in early to any new car is where all the views are lockdown has also helped a lot youtubers lot of bored folks stuck in their homes
Golf 8 r is nowt special but is surrounded by hype VAG love that ....keeps some Mystery surrounding the car ergo this keeps the orders piling in

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
Vag themselves have pulled the plug on anyone reviewing the G8R why l don't know but....as we all know any youtuber getting in early to any new car is where all the views are lockdown has also helped a lot youtubers lot of bored folks stuck in their homes
Golf 8 r is nowt special but is surrounded by hype VAG love that ....keeps some Mystery surrounding the car ergo this keeps the orders piling in

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
I was looking at Volkswizard's YT channel this morning and he comments on the review issue regarding the R.:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06
latest video to get this thread back on track lol, who here likes the lane departure warning - I find it a bit dangerous at times:

Reactions: Ludus and AdamInKent
Thoughts on this one? - something I think should be standard on a premium brand. Does anyone know if the 8v had these as an extra too?

Reactions: pburv and AdamInKent
Thoughts on this one? - something I think should be standard on a premium brand. Does anyone know if the 8v had these as an extra too?

My first 8V it was an option, 2nd PFL 8V it was standard spec.

Reactions: auzzam_crd
It is standard on the S3 - although I noticed in yours in the boot on the side you have little nets like the 8V but mine has plastic bits that slide in - 8V had the little nets

might be different on the saloon to the sportback

It is standard on the S3 - although I noticed in yours in the boot on the side you have little nets like the 8V but mine has plastic bits that slide in - 8V had the little nets

might be different on the saloon to the sportback

Thanks @Sparks43 - I messed up on that bit lol, but have fixed it with a correction box on the video.

Interesting difference about the side pockets

Reactions: Sparks43
A little teaser of what's to come...

Subscribe now to keep up to date with the s3 build aka Black Widow

Latest batch, including a review on the wireless charging box

Reactions: AdamInKent and pburv

Standard on my 65 plate S3 saloon as was 19" alloys and mag ride. It's shocking the way Audi have gone with cost cutting. It's doing them harm in sales of the 8Y I'm sure.

Just purchased my Audi A3 S line, it’s a launch spec so has a few option extras on it but unfortunately not everything I was after (will need to look out for the retrofits when they’re out )

keep up the good work bro.

Just purchased my Audi A3 S line, it’s a launch spec so has a few option extras on it but unfortunately not everything I was after (will need to look out for the retrofits when they’re out )

keep up the good work bro.
thanks buddy!

Updating the thread with previous videos:

6 Month Review:

Our New A3 Vorsprung:

Collection Day Tips - Help new owners on what to look out for:

Overview on the HUD, almost near 1k subscribers - if you haven't already please subscriber to support your resident 8y channel ☺️

Cruise control and speed limiter tutorial, a nice setup for the upcoming driver assistance pack review.

The video is private?
Yep currently removed it as I found out I had missed an important feature that Audi had not made obvious was part of the pack.

Will update the video and re-upload later this week :)

Reactions: Jamoules
Let's try this again :)

A better now full in-depth look at the driver assistance pack.

Have look and don't forget to subscribe to your local 8y channel

Let's try this again :)

A better now full in-depth look at the driver assistance pack.

Have look and don't forget to subscribe to your local 8y channel

Great video. Just one question. You state the camera for the sign recognition is behind the mirror . Has it gone from the top of the windscreen into the mirror housing like the 8v high beam assist only camera . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk