A3 BONNET OPEN WARNING

JonRola

Reaction score
Hi
I'm having a problem with my alarm. My 'door open' warning shows bonnet open when it is securely closed. This is messing up the alarm (no hazard flashes when remotely locked and alarm sounds after a while). This is also messing up the wash wipe as the ECU thinks the bonnet is not closed.
Anyone got any ideas about this??

Thx to everyone who posted here.
I hadn't used the car for a while and had to charge the batt. This meant leaving the bonnet open all night. The problem started when I closed the bonnet.
Anyone got any idea where the bonnet microswitch is located? Is it open or closed circuit when the bonnet is closed? If I could locate it I could temporarily disable it until I get it sorted. I've had a Hayne's manual for every car I've owned but it seems they don't do one for this car! I've contacted Hayne's and they confirm this!!

Another thing - has anyone had trouble with their rear calipers? I've a '05 3.2L Quattro which has a genuine 52k on the clock but the rear calipers seem to be f**ked. Intermittent seizing causing hot disks. Can they be fixed or do I have to replace them?... :-(

Thx again everybody.

There IS a Haynes manual for the 8P. Definitely. I've seen it with my own two eyes

They must have brought it out recently but it still doesn't cover the Quattro, 3.2L or S3.
I'll probably buy one anyway in the hope that it covers 'all the usual suspects'.
Thx sub39h.

Last edited:
The bonnet microswitch is located in the lock itself. You should be able to locate the connector and remove it.

Not sure if it's 'normally open' or 'normally closed' but if you remove the connector and check again, then if the warning does not go away just connect the two wires (pins) in the connector together.

I've had that a few times, If it doesn't go away itself I open and close the bonnet and that usually sorts it. I My car locked itself with the keys in and running yesterday which was fun

I tried opening and closing the bonnet but this didn't work. I'm in the middle of replacing the rear calipers (seized), disks and pads (after only 53k genuine miles! I have already had to replace the front disks and pads!!). Audi have made it really hard to remove the caliper carriers. Splined socket bolts (12M X 62mm) which prove very difficult to remove even if ure lucky enough to get ure hands on the proper tool.
While taking a break from swearing at the rear brakes I opened the bonnet and fiddled with the bonnet switch wires and gave the switch a couple of thumps. The bonnet alarm indication disappeared and the car now locks with the remote as normal. Just hope it stays that way!!

Back to the ****** brakes!!!

i have exactly the same problem as this so thanks for the posts guys :)

Fingers tightly crossed but I have had no more problems with the bonnet. Plenty of trouble with my Audi approved local dealer though.