A3 Concert Stereo help please!!!

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi All,

I remember seeing something ages ago about this but can't find it...

I've just got myself a replacement concert stereo off ebay and firstly the front is wider than the one in my car - which is nice! however swapping the front from my old one solves the problem there, however the new stereo is programmed to be bose, I'm guessing it changes what the channels do or something as the fade doesn't seem to work the same, is it possible to change this with vag com or even better without vag com through the buttons on the front.

Cheers,

Ben.

You can program it using vagcom mate. Don't think you can do it using the stereo buttons.

I seem to remember something about a Service menu / mode and can't for the life of me find it, this has been a very ***** day!

Don't suppose anyone in the reading area has vag-com and fancies meeting for a pint to sort it?

Just had another play and it appears that only the front left channel appears to not work and the balance control does strange things. Has anyone tried fitting a bose stereo in a non bose S3? would be handy to know if it's a problem with the stereo or just the programming?

If you need it I have VAG-COM. So you won it then, regardless of cost!

Ummm... I wonder if that explains the problem...

"1 = Front left (Bose with hands-free phone)"

Not sure whether I should tell the guy the stereo doesn't work or whether I should try and re-code it - any ideas chaps?

Offers there if you want to plug it in and have a look how it's coded at the moment?

Jon

Thanks Jon, any idea when you'd have a free hour or so for a pint and a fiddle, would be good to confirm either way?

Might end up buying another one off ebay as well just incase as this is starting to **** me off now.

Thanks Jon, just to confirm for anyone else these codes do strange things, the stereo I bought was coded to 00011 and it would work right with my non bose car. Jon changed it to 00207 and problem solved car stereo sorted.