A3 facelift headlight help - two quick questions...

waggawagga

Reaction score
Bought some facelift headlights for my A3. Friend did the installation.

Two things:

- The lights didn't come with the back cover panels (that you unclip to access the bulbs). I had thought the ones from the pre-facelift lights would fit but they do not. Can these be ordered from Audi? Or would a breakers be the only option? If Audi does anyone know a part number?

- The beam on the old lights could be adjusted using the little wheel thing on the dash to the right of the the steering wheel. Should this still work on the facelift lights? At the moment it isn't. Any ideas?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

The back covers are different IIRC... they can't be ordered separately that I am aware of

The adjuster will work if the motors in the headlights were wired up correctly

<tuffty/>

1. You can't fit them but can order.

Left: 8L0941159B ~15 pound
Right: 8L0941159C ~15 pound

2. I used pre-fl adjuster motors in my fl headlights. Just plug them in the same way you would have them in pre-fl headlights.
If they are broken use the fl motors: get fl connector (8L0973703) + the wires and replace it.

1. You can't fit them but can order.

Left: 8L0941159B ~15 pound
Right: 8L0941159C ~15 pound

Hi Cleotra. Thanks to both you and <tuffty/> for getting back to me. Sorry if this seems really stupid but what do you mean you can't fit the covers but can order them? I'll try Audi and see how I can get on. Thanks again - I'd be lost without this forum