A3 front wipers and washer kaputt after collision

stokesy

Reaction score
Hello friends my A3 (non S line) front took a hit-and-run swipe from a truck, it tore off the front bumper cover. To my surprise, initially everything seemed to be working electrically and motor-wise. But today I noticed that the front washer and front wipers aren't working. I pulled the washer motor and connected it to the fog lamp power (same connector) and thus verified that the washer motor runs. I tested 30Avfuse F30 (pretty sure that's correct fuse?) and it's good, with 12V when I power the wipers. I suspect that some wires got torn out, but how would the front bumper take out wiring to the wipers? Or perhaps the headlights got shorted and took the motors out? However all headlights(OEM) work OK! I started tracing wiring but thought I would ask on the forum to see if anyone has any theories about this failure. Thanks for any help!

PS I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to no avail. Pix of damage attached.
Signal 2022 06 24 19 30 25 296 3

So I've just read that the wipers don't work if the hood is open?! Will check tomorrow. Also perhaps the washer motor won't run if the tank sensor reads empty?

Is the hood displaying as open in the dis, need to login & check faults.

Reactions: stokesy
I have
B118F13: Convertible top open position switch
but it's not a convertible, perhaps related? Also
B114429: Turn signal switch
Implausible signal
will advise on hood switch asap

Decode it as a cab.

Then recheck.

well this is embarrassing, the wipers won't function with the bonnet open!

"FIXED"