A3 Hidden Features

View attachment 257264

On the sportback you can set how far the boot lid opens using the two buttons above.

Open the boot
gently pull the lid down to the preferred height (if you pull to hard it will automatically close]
Press the two buttons above simultaneously until you hear a tone (about 5 - 10 secs)
next time you open the boot lid it will stop at the set position

you can also use the button on the right to lock the doors too
That’s not a hidden feature. That’s called reading the manual

• Haha
Reactions: Ludus
I apologise, strangely it’s not in the manual, I assumed that’s where I had read it. Must have known about this trick from my Q3 - where I probably read it in the manual lol

Reactions: Frizzley
I apologise, strangely it’s not in the manual, I assumed that’s where I had read it. Must have known about this trick from my Q3 - where I probably read it in the manual lol
No problem

A couple of the earlier posts such as mirror dip and dimming the interior lights are in the manual, but it isn’t the easiest of reads and some features are buried quite deeply in it often in not the most obvious of places.

A lot of people never read it and there will be others who may struggle to read (eg those with dyslexia) so a short post here with or without photos can help them find out a little bit more of what they can actually do with their cars

Reactions: Jassyo06, AdamInKent and RichK
Yes, mine also starts when the car in front pulls away (DSG, no ACC and foot still on the brake) it has done this for me ever since I got it, thought this was a standard feature of the car???

And yes my pre-sense brakes for me quite regularly, scares the **** out of me as it's a little over sensitive tbh, but like mentioned already, it's a good safety blanket. My car is an October 21 build so maybe it's got newer sensors/software?

Reactions: AdamInKent
Yes, mine also starts when the car in front pulls away (DSG, no ACC and foot still on the brake) it has done this for me ever since I got it, thought this was a standard feature of the car???

And yes my pre-sense brakes for me quite regularly, scares the **** out of me as it's a little over sensitive tbh, but like mentioned already, it's a good safety blanket. My car is an October 21 build so maybe it's got newer sensors/software?
it is possible to adjust the sensitivity of pre sense in the mmi - early, medium or late. have tried experimenting with each of these to see what suits you best.

Reactions: Ludus and AdamInKent

Hmm...I just had a try yday at the traffic lights, and nope, engine does not restart despite car in front leaving a gap of at least a car length. Also thus far, the car NEVER slammed on the brakes for me yet. I did get the 'beep' ping though on several occasions. Maybe I've anticipated so well that it didn't have to do it for me. Not brave enough to leave it that late to see if it works (full brakes applied by the car) or not. Mine arrived in UK Apr 21 (2xUSB C). Saying that, I have my service coming up in two weeks time, and apparently there are 'several' updates that needs done, and they will keep the car for several days. Maybe the car will come back with these 'features' and also not SOS error ping me anymore!

it is possible to adjust the sensitivity of pre sense in the mmi - early, medium or late. have tried experimenting with each of these to see what suits you best.
I find medium is good, flashes up that I’m going to crash, but allows me time to hit the brakes myself.

Reactions: Frizzley
Hmm...I just had a try yday at the traffic lights, and nope, engine does not restart despite car in front leaving a gap of at least a car length. Also thus far, the car NEVER slammed on the brakes for me yet. I did get the 'beep' ping though on several occasions. Maybe I've anticipated so well that it didn't have to do it for me. Not brave enough to leave it that late to see if it works (full brakes applied by the car) or not.
this is how my alert works, car not needed to slam on the brakes yet for me in medium setting.

with regards your car not starting automatically when car in front moves away maybe your too far away from the car in front, a car length gap at traffic lights is quite a distance ( maybe that’s just me though) I like to see the whites of their eyes in their rear view mirror ;-)

with regards your car not starting automatically when car in front moves away maybe your too far away from the car in front, a car length gap at traffic lights is quite a distance ( maybe that’s just me though) I like to see the whites of their eyes in their rear view mirror ;-)
If I stop too near the vehicle in front, it activates my front sensors (which is fine) but it also lowers my music volume which annoys me. Only once car moves off, my music comes back. So I never go too near the front vehicle.

If I stop too near the vehicle in front, it activates my front sensors (which is fine) but it also lowers my music volume which annoys me. Only once car moves off, my music comes back. So I never go too near the front vehicle.
I don’t mean that close :)

Range for the front parking sensors is about 3 feet max

Both the volume of the sensor beeps and the entertainment fader (amount your music volume is lowered) can be adjusted in the parking aid menu in the mmi. You can also turn the entertainment fader completely off it it’s really annoying.

Reactions: RichK
Range for the front parking sensors is about 3 feet max

Both the volume of the sensor beeps and the entertainment fader (amount your music volume is lowered) can be adjusted in the parking aid menu in the mmi. You can also turn the entertainment fader completely off it it’s really annoying.
I had a play with the MMI yday (after I topped up screenwash) and noticed that in the menu. I put it on fader 'low' at least it would teach me not to go SO close to the car in front (except only when parking).

The passenger mirror will dip if you have the switch turned to the left mirror when you put it in reverse (UK Spec obviously) - The indent on the handle only works if you have the Advanced Key (Full keyless entry)
Thanks for this - I had it on the M135i and was hoping the Audi had it!!!