A3 Hidden Features

Not really a hidden feature, but the parcel shelf fits under the boot floor - which it never did on the 8V. This is very handy when taking large items, but want to restore the car en-route! (and keeps the parcel shelf clean, as you don't need to prop up in the garage)

Reactions: Frizzley, pafcpilgrim, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Not really a hidden feature, but the parcel shelf fits under the boot floor
Yes it easily fits even if the boot floor is at lowest settings. Plus I have some stuff down there and it still fits!

Reactions: pafcpilgrim, Jcbmally and AdamInKent
Rear right and left passenger seatbelts have a 'channel' they can rest on, so that when you fold down the seats, they don't get caught in the collapsing seats. Only noticed this last week as I had to drop the seats. Thought this was better than the 'clip' thing that came with my Leon.

Reactions: Jcbmally and AdamInKent
The driver's door wiring, when damaged, causes central locking failure. This makes the car almost impenetrable to thieves. Useful hidden feature :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally
Yes it easily fits even if the boot floor is at lowest settings. Plus I have some stuff down there and it still fits!
This has just excited me lmao

I have anxiety problems around cars that I won't write here because 1 I don't wanna make someone else think like my brain does and 2 I'd probably give myself a panic attack ( yes I have issues but shhh nevermind)

Anyway ... I have stuff I need in my car and my partner kept telling me it wouldn't fit under the boot liner so yay

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
This has just excited me lmao

I have anxiety problems around cars that I won't write here because 1 I don't wanna make someone else think like my brain does and 2 I'd probably give myself a panic attack ( yes I have issues but shhh nevermind)

Anyway ... I have stuff I need in my car and my partner kept telling me it wouldn't fit under the boot liner so yay

Oh believe me I've got lots tucked under there, including bedsheet (to cover rear seats if need to carry dusty stuff), all washing equiptment, inc stuff like wheel cleaner device, drying towel, sponge, mitts, screenwash, de-ice, wipes, touch up paint kit etc (all in a low profile bag thing). 1.5 litre bottle of water (not for drinking of course) Could be just me, but I do think with those stuff there, there is less road noise coming from the boot area.

Reactions: JustLulu and Jcbmally
All I have in my boot at the moment is a boot bag thing that velcros to the rear seat. Oh and the rear wiper arm :tearsofjoy:

Oh believe me I've got lots tucked under there, including bedsheet (to cover rear seats if need to carry dusty stuff), all washing equiptment, inc stuff like wheel cleaner device, drying towel, sponge, mitts, screenwash, de-ice, wipes, touch up paint kit etc (all in a low profile bag thing). 1.5 litre bottle of water (not for drinking of course) Could be just me, but I do think with those stuff there, there is less road noise coming from the boot area.
I have blankets, water, torch, first aid kit , spare meds and what I call safety/survival tools as my basics I'm so happy to know I can hide it all away

All I have in my boot at the moment is a boot bag thing that velcros to the rear seat. Oh and the rear wiper arm :tearsofjoy:
I couldn't cope with that but also you do know that's not where the wiper goes right ? Lol

I have blankets, water, torch, first aid kit , spare meds and what I call safety/survival tools as my basics I'm so happy to know I can hide it all away

ah yes forgot Audi provided a first aid kit, plus i also have my own one there too and of course the tyre repair kit that is supposed to be there.

ah yes forgot Audi provided a first aid kit, plus i also have my own one there too and of course the tyre repair kit that is supposed to be there.
Oh I didn't know that

I couldn't cope with that but also you do know that's not where the wiper goes right ? Lol

Wiper doesn't work so I started to delete it then it began to rain lol

Reactions: JustLulu
Time for a new blade, it'll be starting to harden up.
Car is only 4 months old (with me) but 5.5 months from factory. Front wipers are fine though, the quietest I've ever used (but I'm comparing with non-Audi makes of cars).

Does the rearview camera have a washer jet? I was watching a retrofit video where the guy mentioned some cars have a washer jet for the camera?
If so that's pretty cool! My partners car doesn't and it can get a bit dirty especially in the winter!

Noticed today as was cleaning my rear window that not only does it have a huge horizontal spoiler, but also two smaller vertical mini spoilers on either side of the rear glass, no doubt for making it more efficient through the air to get that low drag coefficient. Maybe these days every VAG cars come with these as standard but back in the day only the Seat Leon Cupra mk3 had them

Noticed that when I am ready to park up, press the park, and then turn off the engine (round button) it doesn't auto engage parking brake. However if I bypass the P button and just press the engine off (round) button, then it goes to park but always engages the parking brake.

Noticed that when I am ready to park up, press the park, and then turn off the engine (round button) it doesn't auto engage parking brake. However if I bypass the P button and just press the engine off (round) button, then it goes to park but always engages the parking brake.
I think you’ll find that as you’ve pulled up the hold assist is on green parking symbol, you press park and turn engine off - however when you open the door it will switch to full parking brake then

I noticed you can change the shortcut buttons on the screen by pressing and then dragging what you want in position.
I changed my useless navigation shortcut to android auto

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Engine stop start detects vehicle in from pulling away and starts up ready to move
Is this for DSG or Manual? I've got the DSG, and I don't recall this happening. Usually my foot is either on the brake, or it's on e handbrake. Maybe I wait a little more for car in front to move further...

On a separate note has any one experience the car actually slam the brakes for you with it's pre-sense city thing? While mine has given me a 'beep' that my closing speed is too high the object/car in front, it never actually braked for me (yet). Which is different from the V40 Volvo I had, which would hapily slam on the brakes by then...

Is this for DSG or Manual? I've got the DSG, and I don't recall this happening. Usually my foot is either on the brake, or it's on e handbrake. Maybe I wait a little more for car in front to move further...
Would this only happen if you have Adaptive Cruise Control though?

Ok, they do tend to start when you lift off the brake
Yes, this is my experience, but let me pay attention to see if the car in front obviously has moved off, and whether my engine restarts or not.

The only time my engine restarts on its own, is if I'm coming up to a stop light (engine off coasting already), and either (a car comes into my lane) or there's a car closing in in front of me, the engine will auto-start to engage regen / engine braking

mines a manual

On a separate note has any one experience the car actually slam the brakes for you with it's pre-sense city thing? While mine has given me a 'beep' that my closing speed is too high the object/car in front, it never actually braked for me (yet). Which is different from the V40 Volvo I had, which would hapily slam on the brakes by then...
Yes 1st time i was at the car park exit ramp at heathrow and i was very slightly rolling forwards and it braked, 2nd time it detected a car that was waiting to turn right across a dual carrige way, stationary car was in a gap between both lanes, but as it was on a bend it must of assumed i was going to hit it it beeped and started braking but then stopped as i got nearer or passed it, i cant remember as it was so quick.
The systems good but i dont think it can cater for every eventuality, also the warning comes on regular when weaving in and out of parked cars, i have set mine to the most sensitive though as i think its a good thing to have, so really only the once where its been wrong and could of been dangerous?
Always braking with AAC which can be a pain i wish it would coast a little more sometimes without having to increase the gap to the car in front to max, as everybody cutting in making it pointless.

What I mean is It restarts with my foot still on the brake!
Maybe it does sense the car moving or pure coincidence that it just happens to be restarting - I know they start if you move the steering wheel

Maybe it does sense the car moving or pure coincidence that it just happens to be restarting - I know they start if you move the steering wheel
It does tried it loads of times.

foot on brake engine stopped
Car moves away in front engine automatically starts

the previous 2020 8Y didn’t do it but this 2022 one does.

I tend to agree with you. Hadn’t thought about it until I read your post, but I think you are correct. I’ll test mine next time I’m in the right situation.

Yep my wife’s does this too.

I concur, it definitely does do this. Touching nothing and it clearly senses car in front has moved off and turns on the engine. This was in comfort mode. Assume it does it in other modes too.

53F5C24C D42B 4AC4 8483 DF6F11379675

On the sportback you can set how far the boot lid opens using the two buttons above.

Open the boot
gently pull the lid down to the preferred height (if you pull to hard it will automatically close]
Press the two buttons above simultaneously until you hear a tone (about 5 - 10 secs)
next time you open the boot lid it will stop at the set position

you can also use the button on the right to lock the doors too