A3 install pics - part 2

Dean_T

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
soundproofing has finished so i though i would share a few of the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

being german the A3 isnt exactly tin but did benefit from a few layers of dynamat extreme, other folks sometimes go for flashing tape (if you're doing the job on a tight budget), from my previous experience with that stuff i wouldnt personally use it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i applied the extreme using a heat gun and a roller, the most effective and easiest way to apply this stuff and it definitely made a difference! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

its always best to clean the panels first before applying extreme so i gave them a wipe over with white spirit and then went over the panels again with a rag to clear off any residue the white spirit left behind

on with the pics;

413751_110_full.jpg

413751_111_full.jpg

413751_112_full.jpg

413751_113_full.jpg

413751_114_full.jpg

413751_115_full.jpg

413751_116_full.jpg

413751_117_full.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
personally i would say that there is not enough on the boot but if your happy with it then thats what matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree mate but i was running a little low on extreme so i did all the hard to reach areas first

plus i did have the idea to weld in sections to screw the box down too, will most like be going this route as i dont want the box sliding around in the boot - or even launching itself into the back of my head in the event of a crash

[ QUOTE ]
good look with the rest of the install.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I would bond some off cuts of MDF to the boot floor then srew into these. Can be removed if the car is sold.

looks very neat dean. Are you planning on running speakers in the rear quarters or it the deadening to stop bass from boot travelling through?

How easy are the panels to remove? Will they go back in place ok or are they like saxo's?

nope, no speakers in the rear but the rear panels are quite tinny and the extreme helped give them a more reassuring thud

panels arent too bad to remove, although they are clipped in so just be careful when removing them - one of the plastic clips broke off when i removed one of my panels, although they just glue back on no problem

even with running 0 guage everything went back like it came from the factory