A3 Quattro TDI Multiple Issues

ccc2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve had my A3 8P 2.0TDI quattro for 2 years and I’ve been wondering about the following issues for some time!

Hope some experts can point me in the right direction for repairing the below!

1) Drivers door doesn’t register as open on the dashboard, I can make it register if you don’t properly close the door anyone know what is causing this?

2) Possibly related to issue 1 – when unlocking the car from the remote fob sometimes the passenger side doesn’t unlock until you’ve pressed it 4 times.

3) I have the Audi RNS-E heads unit and would like to connect my phone for taking calls on the move and AUX in for playing audio, what is the best way to do this?

4) The radio signal isn’t great, I can only get Heart and Classic FM. Radio 1 etc etc loose signal as moving along – what’s the likely cause of this?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you

You could easily in 1 full swoop fix all by sending @NHN or @Ash187 a pm depending what 1 is closer @NHN is mobile will come at a cost but all probs will be fixed and done right saving you time and hassle .

I want to do it all myself, I enjoy tinkering with the car lol

Reactions: aqibi2000
I want to do it all myself, I enjoy tinkering with the car lol
I fully understand people doing it themself and respect that but firstly do you have the equip ie MFSW plus av you knowledge off electrics , your car in praticular and thats just to use SDS . Best off luck and hope all goes well but many a person on here has tried and been successful but more have failed amd posted n posted :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Negative on the mutli function steering wheel.

Electrics - I've completely re-wired Mk1 Golf GTI, I can soldier use a multi-meter and troublshoot no problem.

SDS? I've just ordered the full VCDS kit btw.

....gearing up to smash this.

Negative on the mutli function steering wheel.

Electrics - I've completely re-wired Mk1 Golf GTI, I can soldier use a multi-meter and troublshoot no problem.

SDS? I've just ordered the full VCDS kit btw.

....gearing up to smash this.
Thats what i like to hear mate and hope your 1 off the successful people if not i expect to see a few posts .:thumbs up:

Haha thanks, I just need someone to point me in the right direction - considering making videos for the work but this time I'll do a voice over.

I made this, only video on youtube showing the complete process of removing the EGR from the TDI lol

Would this be worth adding somewhere on the forum?

Ok quick round...

1. Micro switch in the door lock is defective.

2. Single unlock is switched on, turn it off from dis menu.

3.install factory Bluetooth module for phone calls and aux for music

4. Was the RNSE retrofitted? It may need the diversity antenna upgrade

@Ash187 Thanks alot mate, any chance you could post me links? Don't wanna order the wrong thing.
bbc11c0cd64424426dada916432d02d2

I'm not sure if the car did come with the Audi RNS-E unit... the owners audi books had a code for a Concert Headunit maybe not?

Also I'm assuming this involves removing the headunit, will this need special keys?

get the car to a garage to sort the door lock
get the car scanned to check the rnse for the radio error code.

also google your issues. if you want to sort it all yourself you need to learn how to remove the stereo yourself... asking questions without some self research wont get you very far.

get the car to a garage to sort the door lock
get the car scanned to check the rnse for the radio error code.

also google your issues. if you want to sort it all yourself you need to learn how to remove the stereo yourself... asking questions without some self research wont get you very far.
You need to stop given away Trade Secrets
Wish u stay closer mate and i would have ? ( will need to post pic but it would to be done in Imola Yellow ) what this Space

Only if i had one @Ash187 it would be on its way to U to get fitted out with extra's

Attachments

• _DSC0039-1920x1275.JPG
    _DSC0039-1920x1275.JPG
    531.6 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: Ash187