A3 Rear Anti-Roll Bar Questions

xpstyle36

Audi Virgin!
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

So, I heard some banging coming from the rear of my lovely A3 - so as the MOT was nearly up I took it in.

Turns out, the rear Anti-Roll Bar has snapped in half! No idea how it happened, I don't think I'm a perfect driver - but surely I didn't rag it hard enough to snap the bar! :(

Anyway, the part is quite expensive on it's own - but there are some breakers on Ebay that are doing them really cheap. My question is - would this part fit my 05 A3 Sportback?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181151566314?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And, what should I be looking for if not:

1. Will the ARB from an 03 fit mine?
2. Will the 05 S-Line ARB fit?
3. Will a Quattro ARB fit?

I appreciate the help guys, as it's really quite confusing!

Dane.

Hi Dane,

The link you posted won't fit unfortunately.

Assuming your car is 2wd a quattro bar won't fit either.

You need to be looking for an arb from a 2wd 2004 onwards. You can also use the arb from a mk5 golf or octavia mk2. I think there are several thicknesses available, if you are interested in improving handling it may be a good time to consider a thicker bar. This would have the effect of reducing understeer if the front is left standard but do bear it mind it has a slightly negative effect on ride.

Hi Benny,

Thank you for letting me know - I would hate to splash out on something that wont fit! Looks like there is nothing matching exactly what I need, so I might just have to buy a new one. For a metal bar, they are certainly expensive!

Thanks for the advise in regards to improving handling - I will see what thickness I can find in a decent price-range.

Regards,

Dane

Perfect opportunity to fit an uprated rear bar. This is one of the best mods for your car.